catclick's 52 week challenge 2021 - Done & Dusted

Nice sunset with some good elements to take from just an orange sky. Love the V of the swans. The only thing I'd change is I'd clone out the scaffolding.
The scaffolding is a bit of a nightmare at the moment. I guess all the work was stopped because of COVID?

Super sunrise and reflection on the water, the swans add the perfect piece of extra interest
Thanks. I do love first thing in the morning and the forecast was calm, so hard to resist

Lovely colours and nice silhoutte. Did you by any chance have any bread in your pocket? :) The swans really add to it too.
No bread, not good for them. These swans do get fed regularly so as soon as anyone stops, they think their luck is in.

Charming vista.

Thanks, It was actually a beautiful golden sunrise but the shapes stood out better in mono.

Sunrise, I saw one of those once, then I went to bed :)

Lovely shapes. Works very well IMO.

^^^ Yep what he said. Nice and co,lourful.

Lots of threads in your thread :) Good idea for the theme and you've managed a good random composition. I'd forgotten they have numbers on them.
Thank you! I wanted it to look very random but had to place them all so the numbers were showing. Photostack of 19 images to get the depth of focus

This is a fab pictures - clever idea for numbers! I too had also forgotten they have numbers on. Really good organised chaos composition :)

Numbers
Good shot for the thread ( :exit: ). I like the chaotic-ness of this, it has a natural look. Good selection of colours too.

Nice filling the frame numbers.
^^^ Yep what he said. Nice and co,lourful.
Lots of colour and numbers making a good composition.
This is a fab pictures - clever idea for numbers! I too had also forgotten they have numbers on. Really good organised chaos composition :)
Been raiding Debenhams haberdashery while they were still open? ;)
Nicely composed and excellent use of stacking
Numbers
Good shot for the thread ( :exit: ). I like the chaotic-ness of this, it has a natural look. Good selection of colours too.

Thanks all for dropping by. It is amazing what an old thread tin can come in handy for! Thread reels are all left over from things I've made. I threw them all into a casserole dish and rotated them slightly so the numbers were showing.

What fun! I can't help but try and work out what all the food stuffs are in there :ROFLMAO: bread/toast, chocolate chips, potato...

Certainly fits the theme and makes for an interesting image.

Toys
I think it needs another half a stop of exposure or Lift the whites a bit.
It's a good little set up and well thought out.

Ooooft look yummy! Damn you diabetes!!!! :ROFLMAO:

Artificial colours, but hopefully a real cake!?

Love the vibrancy of the colour, and the setup with the M&Ms(?) spilling out really brings out the child in me.

Only minor point is the angled baseboard(?) across the bottom which upsets my OCD tidyness. A very minor point.

Lovely colours and great idea. I like the reflections too. I think you could crop it to lose the angled base board, but I quite like that the base board terminates in the corner if you like it being there.

I'm not a cake fan (for eating), but I always do think these look amazing and admire those with the talent to create such things.

That's a lot of artificial colour... great idea for the theme and well executed.

Artificial colours, but hopefully a real cake!?

Love the vibrancy of the colour, and the setup with the M&Ms(?) spilling out really brings out the child in me.

Only minor point is the angled baseboard(?) across the bottom which upsets my OCD tidyness. A very minor point.

Thanks, it is a mix of M&Ms and skittles in the middle. Originally I had the whole cake and later decided on the crop, the board looked better at an angle for the whole cake but not so much on the crop. I had cleared everything away by that time.

Never had a cake like that, thankfully, after drink orange juice half filled with added suger and having suger sandwiches as a kid, my sweet tooth fell out long ago.
Really nice and bright image, cropped well to high light the colours.

Pete

That works well. If it were mine I;d crop some off the left - but it isn't :)

Fab puffins! I’m hoping to get to Bempton Cliffs soon!

Nice close up image, lovely colours

Back