Cauldron Falls

Nice composition and shutter speed Martin, but the WB looks a bit out on my screen?
Thank you Si...does it look a bit warm? I know I warmed it up a touch in post (plus a bit of split toning), has the peaty water maybe made the overall image look like I pushed it a bit too far?

Nice shot Martin I suspect the colour of the water is affecting how it is perceived

Thank you Si...does it look a bit warm? I know I warmed it up a touch in post (plus a bit of split toning), has the peaty water maybe made the overall image look like I pushed it a bit too far?

It does look a little warm to me, but not dramatically so.. The peaty water could well explain some of it :)

Wrong Cauldron. ;):LOL:

Love the composition and a none too shabby image as well. (y)

That is the colour of water with peat in it, you can see it visually in times of high rainfall. The change of direction of the water in the foreground makes the picture and adds rhythm.

Nice shot Martin I suspect the colour of the water is affecting how it is perceived
It does look a little warm to me, but not dramatically so.. The peaty water could well explain some of it :)
I suspect that's what's making it look warmer than it is to be honest.

I was expecting to see another waterfall when I saw the title.

Gorgeous summer colours and aye a shade on the warm side but as woodland goes I can go this
Wrong Cauldron. ;):LOL:

Love the composition and a none too shabby image as well. (y)
I did think the Highlanders would think it was elsewhere :D Thanks guys :)
That is the colour of water with peat in it, you can see it visually in times of high rainfall. The change of direction of the water in the foreground makes the picture and adds rhythm.
Thank you Stephen :)

Nicely done mate - like the balance of dark and light. Sometimes split toning highlights at times like this can be a pain but I like it.

Nicely done mate - like the balance of dark and light. Sometimes split toning highlights at times like this can be a pain but I like it.

Cheers Mark mate, aye I'm slowly getting to grips with split toning...it's only taken me far too long :D

Back