Cemeteries - An Open Thread

This almost looks like plastic but it's been there about 100 years, not sure what it's made of.
From the front is a too messy background - Kirkdale N.Yorks

grave1.jpg

mabel.jpg

Last edited:
The IRA bombed the Honourable Artillery Company HQ on June the 9th 30 years ago.
This is police searching for evidence in Bunfield Fields Burial Ground next door.Bunhill Fields.jpgBunhill Fields 002.jpg

Last edited:
In the back-end of beyond in Kensal Green is this abandoned looking memorial to little Marigold ...

marigold.jpg

Naval Cemetery at St Mary's Shotley, Suffolk
full

Hi, the cemetery in Schwelm/D, where my parents are buried ... --- :

L1001988_DxO-z25b-28-tp.jpg

HOLGA power , Designed to see the world from a drunks point of view. Although first one I think would be towards the sober end of drunk ! I think I could have got away with using the smaller of the two apertures The original images were a little washed out ! HP5+400.

11a.jpg

10a.jpg

000033070009.jpg

Last edited:
Lesmahagow Old Parish Church is a congregation of the Church of Scotland within the Presbytery of Lanark.

A Culdee settlement of Celtic monks existed prior to the 12th Century.

The Priory Church was burnt in 1335 by troops under the command of John of Eltham, brother of King Edward I of England.
Many people had sought sanctuary within the church at the time of the burning and are thought to have perished

this is a feature in the graveyard - not the Church itself
tn_DSC_0067.JPG

St Kinelms church near Halesowen West Midlands ,Lamp post now removed ( It took some sawing )

Last edited:
Maeshyfryd, Holyhead. The HMS Thetis memorial and communal grave.

hms_thetis_memorial_s.jpg

Sank in 1939, before the war began, whilst on trials. 98 men, both RN and civilians, died. Most of them are buried here.

A lot of my relatives are in this huge cemetery.

Taken a few years ago on a grey day with a Pentax K5.

Howard

This is part of the memorial to John St John Long d 1834 in Kensal Green Cemetery.
He was a quack doctor peddling a cure for consumption.
Tried and found guilty of manslaughter when one of his patients died, and who then died himself after refusing to take his own remedy.

Saint John.jpg

Back