Centipede and woodlouse plus a bonus

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I managed to photograph a centipede today a first for me I found it when I turned over a piece wood while out for a stroll. It is quite small but I am happy

Centipede by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Centipede 2 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

This may seem like a failed shot of a woodlouse and that is what it is but have you seen the Collembola and mite?

Can you see it by Alf Branch, on Flickr

A shot of a woodlouse

woodlouse by Alf Branch, on Flickr

I hate centipedes. :eek:

Great subjects but there is something about them and earwigs that I just don't like (except to photograph!).

Did you know they are deaf?

Paul.

Well Paul you were warned in the title and I didn't know they are deaf

Ah! that explains why they don't sit and stay when I tell them to
:D

Another nice set Alf (y)

Thanks Chris
My cat is not deaf but it doesn't do what I say either

Well done with the centipede Alf. Presumably it was not just standing around waiting to be photographed.

I didn't think #3 failed, and that was before I saw the other two. (I wouldn't have noticed them if you hadn't mentioned them).

Thanks Nick and no that centipede was not posing for me obviously I didn't realise they deaf either

Last edited:
Very good, one surprising consequence of lockdown is that I photograph a lot less centipedes. I used to have newspapers around all the pot plants on the patio to find them and other inverts but a compulsory clean up during lockdown destroyed their habitat.

Very good, one surprising consequence of lockdown is that I photograph a lot less centipedes. I used to have newspapers around all the pot plants on the patio to find them and other inverts but a compulsory clean up during lockdown destroyed their habitat.

Pity about the clean up
I only spotted the centipede because I started looking under pieces of wood left lying around where I walk

Back