CF card holder

kelack

TPer Emerita - But she's back!
Name
Kelly
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been drawing a bit of a blank on my googling today and can't find a decent hard case that holds at least 8 CF cards.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks

8 CF cards is quite a lot and would make a hard case quite bulky. The case I use can hold 4 CF cards although I use SD cards so can't comment on the CF storage. Having googled CF card storage cases the most I found was 6 CF card storage, although it's quite sizeable at 12cm x 6cm x 1.5cm.

http://cvp.com/index.php?t=product/peli_0945&gclid=COvo4frl1c8CFUMq0wodQFMPIQ

If you want 8 of more cards in one pouch a soft pouch like the think tank pocket rocket which carries up to 10 cards may be the best way to go.

https://www.cliftoncameras.co.uk/Think-Tank-Pixel-Pocket-Rocket#Reviews

The other option is to buy two 4 or 6 CF card cases. At least if you lost one case you won't lose all of your cards.

Reactions: BBR
I have 2 cases that fit 4 but they get on my nerves which is why I want one that holds more

Only holds 4 but works well. https://www.7dayshop.com/products/7...d-micro-sd-and-compact-flash-yellow-WH2-7DCCB

Wouldn't want to lose 8 cards at once so maybe split the load?

Cross posted with Rob - fools seldom differ? ! :D
One of my friends had this problem recently, he lost his card case with them all in whilst on a beach. Thankfully someone found it, managed to find his details and posted it back to him. It was only by chance they managed to work out it was his (I can't remember the exact details of how they found him). It's backed up my reason of keeping business cards in my card holder, they are kept flat and it means my contact details are inside the case.

I only take mine to football. I don't travel with them. I thought a couple of the sports guys could help

Think Thank Pixel Pocket Rocket (10 CF cards)

or

Lowepro Street & Field Memory Wallet 20 (20 CF cards)

Personally I'd opt for the Think Tank one. I've got a couple of Canon branded ones that I got as freebies and they are robust & secure.

It was more for the showerproof element that I wanted it to be a hard case. I'd already found that ebay link and didn't find it helpful. But thanks anyway

Perfect!! Thank you. Like a fool, I didn't actually search for Compact Flash....just CF hahaha

Have had the Delkin one myself for few years... works well ... and once even dropped it into a puddle with six cards inside.. and they stayed dry.
(not that i recommend you try that!! ;-) )

Have had the Delkin one myself for few years... works well ... and once even dropped it into a puddle with six cards inside.. and they stayed dry.
(not that i recommend you try that!! ;-) )

Yep I've done that a couple of times!

I have one of these, although it must be an earlier model because it has 10 slots. gets a bit bulky with 10 but would be OK for 6.
I never use it so you can have it for free, unless postage becomes silly when a contribution would be welcome!

http://shop.fstopgear.com/us/product/accessories/cf-wallet.html

Thanks for the kind offer, I bought the Delkin one though

One of my friends had this problem recently, he lost his card case with them all in whilst on a beach. Thankfully someone found it, managed to find his details and posted it back to him. It was only by chance they managed to work out it was his (I can't remember the exact details of how they found him). It's backed up my reason of keeping business cards in my card holder, they are kept flat and it means my contact details are inside the case.

I write my postcode and house number on each card - preceded by "Reward from!". Never lost one so don't know if it would work but I would hope so.

Glad you're sorted, Kelly.

Mine all live in one pocket of my ThinkTank roller (top left one of the lid if anyone cares) Used to have a pouch thing but now don't really see the need for it.

Cards go in the camera at the start of the day/match/job and only come out to go in a card reader for 2 seconds. Then back in the camera.

I found the pouches were just another thing to lose. The only way I could lose my cards now is to lose my whole bag... and then I have bigger issues...!

Back