Chaffinch at Langford Lakes

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
All the water birds were playing hide & seek today, or were right across the lake. We did catch a glimpse of a Kingfisher though, as it sped by.

So we thought we'd watch the perching birds for a while in one of the hides and I got a few half decent shots. Shot on my X-T2, 100-400 + 1.4TC wide open.

DSCF5166 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

If I'm honest I've seen better from you, it's not very sharp and at those settings it should be?

If I'm honest I've seen better from you, it's not very sharp and at those settings it should be?

Care to elaborate on the settings? I was in a hide so although the camera was technically "handheld", I was supported. I always shoot with the lens wide open so if you have seen better from me, only the light would have been better.

It's at 1/250th so if supported should be ok and at f/8 there should be enough depth of field? Is this a crop?

It's at 1/250th so if supported should be ok and at f/8 there should be enough depth of field? Is this a crop?

It is indeed, haven't been that close to a Chaffinch in a long time. It's probably about 1/3 of the frame.

Back