Chameleon

Great looking shots (y) I like the way you really nailed the sharpness on the eyes. For me I find the out of focus nose slightly distracting on 2 but that's just my preference. Where in the zoo are they? I get to Chester a bit but can't recall seeing these.

Thanks for your comments Matt. I agree about the nose being out of focus very irritating. I was struggling to balance aperture and shutter speed in order to minimise camera shake, without increasing the ISO too much.

The chameleon is in the tropical house, the building with all the exotic birds. As you enter the tropical building, turn immediately left and you will find it in the corner.

Chris

Thanks Chris - will keep an eye out for it next time, knowing where it is now I can totally understand the struggle you were facing, it's a bit dim in there!

Just noticed this post great shots of the chameleon especially like the first one :)
as Matt said you did well, I've not yet managed a shot of him

Thanks Pete, this chap was happy to sit still for a while on a handy branch, so I had time to try a few angles. Apart from the lack of depth of field I was pleased with these. It's a handy warm building, nice to warm up after spending time outdoors watching the larger residents.

Chris

Thanks Gary, I was pleased with the detail, I expected that shooting through glass would have caused some loss - they have a good window cleaner!

Chris

Back