Changing photos modified date to exif time stamp easily on a Mac / rename files based on exif time

Name
Gil
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anybody help me - I want to change around 300 photos photos modified date so that the exif time stamp info is used instead. The idea is hat so that hopefully I can organise photos easily in Finder / Windows explorer in order of time taken (they were all taken on the same day).

Alternatively does anybody know of software that will easily rename files based on exif date and time? I have photos taken with different cameras and although there are no files named the same, the photos do go from 999 to 000 half way through and also some start with HSC and others with DSC

Cheers!!

Can anybody help me - I want to change around 300 photos photos modified date so that the exif time stamp info is used instead. The idea is hat so that hopefully I can organise photos easily in Finder / Windows explorer in order of time taken (they were all taken on the same day).

Alternatively does anybody know of software that will easily rename files based on exif date and time? I have photos taken with different cameras and although there are no files named the same, the photos do go from 999 to 000 half way through and also some start with HSC and others with DSC

Cheers!!
Digikam has several powerful commands that might help.
Image->Rename command (F2) works on multiple images in one go and allows you to pick any Meta/EXIF data from each image to include in the name.
Tools->Batch Queue Manager lets you edit the Meta/EXIF on any number of images.
Item->Edit Meta Data has an extensive section just for time and date. And works on big selections of images too.

digikam.org.

Back