Changing the background Help ?

Name
kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
I am no good at photo editing and don't have a lot of time I enjoy being out with the wildlife were I feel at home with Anyway I would like to ask if their is any any one that could help me to change the cluttered back ground of a photo that I took at Christmas of my beautiful grandchildren that I love but hate the back ground and would like to frame ?
IMG_3337 by kevin robinson, on Flickr

what do you want to do , I would personally live with the clutter , and leave it as it is. its a nice image , a crop my work to remove some of the clutter
like this

Attachments

• 49614852258_41b260549d_kcrop.jpg
    49614852258_41b260549d_kcrop.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 31
Seeing as it was a Christmas snap- I thought I'd add a Tree :)

l4Phl3c.jpg

could do better with a full sized original Kev

Les :)

Blur the background to make it look as if you were using the correct aperture setting, like opening up the aperture to a give short depth of field, instead of the rookie mistake of leaving it at f22 and at all times.

49614852258_41b260549d_k.jpg

Last edited:
@cruso

You may not like the background, but I suggest you should keep a copy of the original photo with the background still there for the future, while you have another copy with the background sorted out, removed, blurred, whatever, for yourself.

You never know, when your kids grow up, they may want to see what their home was like when they were at that age. See the different between 2019 and 2049.

Would a plain black background look any good.
I do like the Christmas tree look though.

A plain bg would suite me my daughter in-law Was looking for something like that I don’t know anything about photo shoping myself so I thought I would as for some help of the experts on this forum myself I like it as it is ?

Just for fun here's a few

tg2NneS.jpg

87k5ENn.jpg

Po6lS4o.jpg

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You never know, when your kids grow up, they may want to see what their home was like when they were at that age.

Agree with this. "ooh look it was Christmas", "ooh look is that a DVD player?", "remember when we had furniture made out of animal skins!", and the timeless "hah, remember those curtains?"

Back