Chasing Cars 2016

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No
I've done a whole lot less motorsport this year, than the previous two years, but I've hit some really good events, and I'm really looking forward to a 2017 packed a bit more full of motorsport.
Anyway, as it's that time of year, I'm gonna post a few favourites from the events I've attended this year.

1) Mid Wales Stages way back in March
BRC Mid Wales Stages by Matty, on Flickr

2) My first trip to Goodwood for the Members Meeting
74MM by Matty, on Flickr

3) I've always wanted to shoot this car/livery combo
74MM by Matty, on Flickr

4) Something a little different, from the Donington Historic
Homage by Matty, on Flickr

5) A little more Grass Rootsy at Harewood
harewood-5 by Matty, on Flickr

6) Went and bought myself a monopod just before the BTCC at Croft
Croft BTCC by Matty, on Flickr

7) Last of the Dandelions at Cadwell for the Wolds Trophy
Cadwell by Matty, on Flickr

8) My first trip to Spa of the year for the Summer Classic
Spa Summer Classic 2016 by Matty, on Flickr

9) And then a first visit to the Nurburgring for a round of the ADAC GT
khgdkg by Matty, on Flickr

10) One more from there...
jhvkf-22 by Matty, on Flickr

11) Another first, a trip to Silverstone for the Classic
Silverstone Classic 2016 by Matty, on Flickr

12) And a chance to shoot this screaming beauty
Silverstone Classic 2016 by Matty, on Flickr

13) Over to Oulton for the Gold Cup
Oulton Park Gold Cup by Matty, on Flickr

14) And finishing off with another trip to Spa for the Classic 6 hours
6heuresduSpa-18 by Matty, on Flickr

Thanks for looking. Here's to 2017 being a good one

Great years work Matty, standout images for me are #4, 9 & 10, but a top all round set. Here's to a successful 2017

10 is the standout one for me, simply superb and agree about 5.

Great years work Matty, standout images for me are #4, 9 & 10, but a top all round set. Here's to a successful 2017

Thanks Neil, It was a great trip to the Nurburgring, and I can't wait to get amongst it again in 2017!

#9 is a beauty.

what equipment combination are you using to achieve the results?

Thanks mate, I use the 5d3, and mainly the 17-40, 70-200 and a 400mm as my go to combinations for motorsport

Number 5 is rubbish. The rest are staggeringly awesome! Great panning.

Number 9 is my personal favourite, closely followed by 1.

Yeah, you're right. I didn't get a great lot that day at all! Thank you though!!

10 is the standout one for me, simply superb and agree about 5.

Thank you very much indeed!

Great set, my pick would be 9, followed by 7.

Cheers Paul, much appreciated. I've enjoyed following your work this year too, and look forward to seeing your lot next year!

You've had a great year Matty, #9 really does stand out and I love the sense of movement that you use in #2 ,7 & 12 ( I see that he liked the car so much that he's ended working for them !) .

You've had a great year Matty, #9 really does stand out and I love the sense of movement that you use in #2 ,7 & 12 ( I see that he liked the car so much that he's ended working for them !) .

Thanks very much Paul, its been an enjoyable year, and while not getting to as many events as I would have liked, the ones I have got to, have been real quality. Really hoping for a good year in 2017, and lots more adventures! Cheers, all the best mate

Hi Matty , tbh I am not knocked out by them ,they are good ,2 with the 917 is nearly really good for me ,would have a tad higher shutter speed for sharper detail on the car .9 is fantastic with the yellow Merc ,yellow lights and reflection,s curves ,spray ,moody light ,a real standout image and one to be very proud of .

I don't care about them being technically correct or perfect images, you've managed to capture the soul of these beautiful cars and the excitement and thrill of the events!!!

Very well done - fantastic images that really tell the story :)

Sorry all for the late responses, I've only just found this thread again.

Hi Matty , tbh I am not knocked out by them ,they are good ,2 with the 917 is nearly really good for me ,would have a tad higher shutter speed for sharper detail on the car .9 is fantastic with the yellow Merc ,yellow lights and reflection,s curves ,spray ,moody light ,a real standout image and one to be very proud of .

Thanks Chris, although it was wetter than an otters pocket at the Ring that day, it really made for some interesting conditions to shoot in.

I don't care about them being technically correct or perfect images, you've managed to capture the soul of these beautiful cars and the excitement and thrill of the events!!!

Very well done - fantastic images that really tell the story :)

Thanks very much, thats what I was aiming for!

Good strong set @MattyW 2, 9 & 13 are my faves.

Thanks very much Stevie, much appreciated!

they just get better and better to the very end. Very strong.

Thanks very much indeed, It feels like I am heading in the right direction sometimes, and I'm glad that carries across!

No. 9 is perfect for me. Well done

Thanks very much indeed, really appreciated!

great set adore no.9

Thank you - that shot was one of my favourites from the year I think too!

Back