Beginner Chasing Rainbows.

Rainbows have only six colours and you got
them well… but the WB needs tweaking!

I was thinking…

rainbow.jpg

Your sky was too magenta and I corrected the
vegetation on a separate WB adjustment layer.

Rainbows have only six colours and you got
them well… but the WB needs tweaking!

roy g biv??

richard of york gave battle in vain...
do you consider indigo the same as violet..?

cheers
geof

do you consider indigo the same as violet..?

No, Geof, indigo has nothing to do in there…
does not exist!

Newton, brilliant as he was, was also a religious man
like most at this period. 6 colours could not be because
6 is a Devil number while 7 is a well accepted number
in the scriptures. So he set in a 7th colour to accommo-
date.

Just an other anecdote from the history of science. :cool:

does not exist!

date.

more superstition bites the dust...thank goodness..i feel a bit more free-er now..
will remember that next time someone tries to pull the 7 colour stuff on me
i understand newton was a musical person so that 7 represented the diatonic scale
do a deer etc
and of course satan prior to being thrown out of heaven was in charge of the musicians but let it go to his head...erm tail
:D

cheers
geof

more superstition bites the dust

Galilée was trapped somehow in the same way.
He was forced to recant*** all his "wrong ideas".
The Dutchs, Danes and Pols were more liberal
in these times.

Sorry to have derailed your thread Ben!

***Thanks Geof! mrtoad

Last edited:
Galilée was trapped somehow in the same way.
He was forced to deny all his "wrong ideas".
The Dutchs, Danes and Pols were more liberal
in these times.

Sorry to have derailed your thread Ben!

recant is the word...mostly encouraged by those who 'knew' better...

all of human creation has evolved and revolves on superstition and if you didnt go along with the 'lies' and believing in 'truth'
you got the bad news...one way or another
a famous saying
the truth is the truth even if no one believes it...and also...the truth sets you free..as i intimated about silly numerics
now its time to throw salt over my shoulder so i bid you a good night and a prosperous voyage in the ship of life
:D
there is something good coming on tv about brexit...so i am off to get 'informed and educated' in what our politicians are going to do
stand by for miracles
cheers
geof

I was thinking…

rainbow.jpg
I'm not sure this is any better overall tbh. Whilst the sky is better/more accurate, the vegetation now looks somewhat muted to my eyes?

Last edited:
does not exist!

date.

Depends on what you read and believe. Technically there's pretty much infinite colours and shades, and it is still disputed whether there should be 6 or 7 main colours of a rainbow, neither I believe are fact. Also, it is my understanding that it is nothing to do with the devil's number but instead he chose seven colours out of a belief derived from the ancient Greek sophists that there was a connection between the colours, the musical notes, the known objects in the solar system, and the days of the week. Of course, as with a lot of these things there does not appear to be a definitive answer (y)

Never expected these photos to start a theoretical debate! :ROFLMAO:

Well they were made with light and being "light literate" is
important to understand why things look the way they do.

it WAS Goethe's theory but nowadays — with some cor-

rections and extensions — science of physics.

Last edited:
Depends on what you read and believe. Technically there's pretty much infinite colours and shades, and it is still disputed whether there should be 6 or 7 main colours of a rainbow, neither I believe are fact. Also, it is my understanding that it is nothing to do with the devil's number but instead he chose seven colours out of a belief derived from the ancient Greek sophists that there was a connection between the colours, the musical notes, the known objects in the solar system, and the days of the week. Of course, as with a lot of these things there does not appear to be a definitive answer (y)

yes..there is a 'science' known as bible numerics where many things..now they have happened are suggested were prophesised
this isnt a religious trait but an extension of the workings of the human brain..which is loaded with superstitious cubby holes, old and new wives tales, and an assortment of satisfying explanations for what hasnt be fully or correctly explained...or for that matter have no explanation
the division in numerics of the colour spectrum i agree had to be easy to remember and the ancients probably had many 'divisory' numbers which were 'favourites'
western music of course was one...the diatonic scale...7 notes but not all with equal intervals...when extrapolated into semitones...voila..12 ..the chromatic scale
easy on the ear and used in main by all composers and enjoyed by listeners.
the eye however didnt do the division procedure on light...so someone used their favourite and 'safe' number so as not to offend the easily offended
6 is ok...if you remember it..but since towton and the demise of richard III we have in our cultured and non scientific world the number 7 to match poor old richards plight....i firmly believe that someone called roy g biv never existed or had his surname changed from bv...not wanting to be associated with a disease, and wasnt a woman in any event
8 is a perfect number and represents the octave..a new beginning
so
i depart

Back