Chasing Spitfires

I’d love to do that. Great shots.

Lucky sod ;)

I’d love to do that. Great shots.
There are a few companies around who will do this for you, in helicopters, planes or even in a two seater spitfire, just depends on how much money you have.

All I can tell you is 1/125th shutter speed was excellent for prop blur, but terrible with the vibration in a small helicopter. Also a 70-200 lens pushed up against the windscreen/side window meant I had to be careful not to nudge the pilot :)
However, what can I say, just a stunning day...

The Hurricane was also supposed to go up, but it was too windy for it as it was allegedly worth 5 times more than the spitfire due to it's rareity.

This..... ;)
I used to work for a company in the post production/broadcast market. I did all their product photography, worked heavily with the publicity department. I was a member of staff who could produce the quality and images they wanted, so it worked for both of us. We sponsored a F1 team for two seasons...

I did have some amazing opportunities, which I just grabbed. Then networking at those led to others. Hard work at times, very tiring but I wouldn't have missed it

Air 2 Air ~ what's not to like.

Great set and as noted by others what an opportunity :). You lucky guy :)

Back