Critique Chateau de Chenonceau: Loir Valley

Lovely imgaes Stephen, love the warm reflections in the first couple and the receding patterns and shapes in the second.(y)

Reactions: ST4
as above really, lovely warm summer feel to the outdoor shots. great symmetry in the indoor shot getting lined up that closely must of taken a while

Three great images, lovely warm light in the first two, I bet you were disappointed with the reflections though :D

I can't fault the symmetry in the last, perfect.

Three great images, lovely warm light in the first two, I bet you were disappointed with the reflections though :D

I can't fault the symmetry in the last, perfect.

Very disappointed. I'm planning a return trip later on when hopefully the river will be stiller due to reduced water flow.

It can be like a mirror and that is the only way for me.

Plus in June/July they light it at night :)

Excellent set :whistle:

Nice but the interior shot for me by a long way, really like that.

Big place aint it. As above, love the shots but the symmetry of the last and non converging verticals is very good indeed, were the tourists on strike! Love a strike do the French.

Big place aint it. As above, love the shots but the symmetry of the last and non converging verticals is very good indeed, were the tourists on strike! Love a strike do the French.

The 1st two were taken around 6am before the tourists arrived on a May AM

The last shot was taken Mid March on a week day just as the castle openned, I got a rare chance to take the image without people and the time to level the tripod and camera. I was lucky.

The 1st two were taken around 6am before the tourists arrived on a May AM

The last shot was taken Mid March on a week day just as the castle openned, I got a rare chance to take the image without people and the time to level the tripod and camera. I was lucky.
I think you made your own luck there, I'd still have been in bed :)

Steve...that inside pic...wow!

Sublime images, love 2 & 3

Not a criticism Steve, more a foible of mine but I would like to have seen my favourite image, no.1 in landscape format, something like this but not as tightly framed:

loire.jpg

Not a criticism Steve, more a foible of mine but I would like to have seen my favourite image, no.1 in landscape format, something like this but not as tightly framed:

View attachment 67171

I did take it but due to horrid distortion issues due to using a really short fl to frame the full castle and reflection it just didn't work

The third is a lesson in framing things correctly in camera (I assume but it looks like thought was put into it) and out of the first 2 there is something I prefer about the first, where the whites are whiter and the warm light is red rather than yellow...

Back