Cheeky Robin

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
Went to my local RSPB site yesterday to see some of the goldcrests, goldeneye and whooper swans. The place was frozen over and everything was out in the middle making a decent pic difficult with only around 300mm to play with.Waling through the woods this cheeky little robin decided he wanted to play a game.He came at times to close for the 300mm f4 to focus. Every time i moved into position he turned his back ready to fly away( but didnt ), when i stood still he turne round again--this went on for about 40-50 times with me moving just to prove my point...:shrug:confused:adly a few shadows were present as it was a wooded area but i laughed at this little fellow anyway and it made me forget about not getting close enough to the other birds i wanted to see:LOL:.All 300mm at f4 or f5.6 with no crops ( i dont think i cropped any )

Robinintree.jpg

DSC_3490_12260-1.jpg

DSC_3460_12230.jpg

DSC_3468_12238.jpg

AnotherRobin.jpg

Last edited:
You managed to isolate him well from the stray branches you usually come up against in woods! :) They look sharp and with good detail too!

I've had that happen a few times, to the extent that on repeat visits, it's activly searches me out, eventually posing for the camera. Robins have so much character :)

These are nice shots considering the difficulty you had. I like the poses in one and two, and despite the shadows, five is a corker (y)

Back