Cheese and crackers anyone

Don't know if you want crit but on my monitor the top of the chest of drawers completely disappears into the background and I'm not keen on having the cheese board propped up at an angle, sorry.

Don't know if you want crit but on my monitor the top of the chest of drawers completely disappears into the background and I'm not keen on having the cheese board propped up at an angle, sorry.
Thanks for the feedback

I would say the same. You just have to have some light fall off on the table to make it distinguishable from the background.

Other points would be some blue cast presumably from the window on the right bottom side and overall it feels a little too dark in the highlight part.

If you are aiming for the top marks the wine bottle should be lit so that it would give some idea about the contents inside - i.e. some deep red shining through. It won't be easy but it is doable if you have the time and willing to play.

once again, first problem is the lack of light on the tabletop, so it disapears completely. Ditto, the cheeseboard tilting in mid air really needs rethinking - get some light on the table itself, make the best of what looks a pretty splendid prop. Background's way too dark as well - the black cloth basically is just working as a light soak and contributes to the loss of the tabletop. Overall colour balance definitely on the blue side, take it warmer, it'll help pretty much everything.

for an idea or two of where to go with this, maybe have a look at one or two things i've done (i'm not saying they're great, t me they were learning pieces for still life lighting, but maybe they're a little bit further down the road than you've managed here...

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/oh-no-not-yet-another-still-life.377753/#post-4315348

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/ontbijtje.581017/#post-6753779

I like it, but can agree with a lot of the above, the off putting for me is the reflection on the bottle.
Also I would have liked to have seen a wedge of cheese.

Back