Cheetahs at Chester

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
The Cheetahs brought some style and colour to a very dull & grey day at Chester Zoo in February.

Comments and critique would be much appreciated, as brutal as you like, I won't be offended.

Cheetah 1 by Chris S B, on Flickr

Cheetah 2 by Chris S B, on Flickr

I couldn't help but feel sorry for these animals, for a fast and agile animal they don't have a great deal of space to run around.

Thanks for looking,

Chris

Nice and sharp.

I couldn't help but feel sorry for these animals, for a fast and agile animal they don't have a great deal of space to run around.

I feel more sorry for some of their relatives struggling to survive in their shrinking homeland. Apart from hunting or running away from a threat, it's not often I've seen footage of adult Cheetahs running around just for the hell of it.

Thanks New2Me.

You make a good point about the circumstances of the wild animals - rock and a hard place. One of the reasons I visit Chester Zoo and others is to support the research and breeding programmes that seem to be helpful.

Chris

Lovely shots of beautiful creatures. If I was being critical I would say a little bit of cloning could remove some distractions, the twig coming out of the first shots chest and the one poking from the second shots back legs (at least I hope that's a twig!)

Hi Matt, thanks for your feedback. I hadn't spotted that twig - can't see the wood for the trees after spending ages looking at the images - it's surprising what I miss sometimes. Time to practice my cloning skills in LR.

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks Russ, I will attempt to wield the cloning brush in LR, that branch grabs my attention immediately now that Matt has pointed it out - it's a job for after work, this evening.

Chris

You did well its a difficult enclosure to photograph them in nicely posed:)
Its worth keeping an eye out in the larger enclosures when they are in there you can get a better angle on them and get to their level
I agree with Matt about cloning out the branches

Thanks Matt, I don't know if it was by choice but the two cheetahs didn't venture from the area around the log - a nice pose. As you say not the ideal angle, but it'll do for a cold February morning.

Removed a couple of branches in PSE to tidy the image up.

Cheetah 2 by Chris S B, on Flickr

I think that's about it for my recent trip to Chester, I did get a couple of the bear sitting in a tree top, but the light was lousy, so probably not one for here.

Chris

Back