Cheltenham Festival 2019

Name
Seba
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I'd do another thread like the rowing last year for the Cheltenham Festival and stick up some images from each day, although I'm not expecting much after today with the weather that's forecast.

Got the boat over from Dublin on Sunday morning with my colleague and drove down from Holyhead to our B&B in Prestbury just next to the race course. Lovely place, like being back at my parents... just with the added bonus of my Mum not annoying me!

We were up early and out on the course at half 7 this morning to get some of the Irish trainers as they take their horses for a stretch out on the gallops ahead of racing over the next couple of days. We only really do this so that the papers have some images for tomorrow. We wouldn't really go out and get the horses the next few morning as the racing will do for the following day.

Some lovely light made the early start all worth it. Definitely won't see the sun again this week!!

1663610.jpg

1663630.jpg

1663637.jpg

Lovely stuff Seb. 1 is a cracker and 2 the portrait of Noel Meade (?) is beautifully lit.

Day 1 of racing was a mixed bag. Weather started off atrocious, and I was really worried the whole thing would be a wash out, but come the second race the blue skies were on the horizon.

Was based on the finish line for the day, with my colleague taking the final fence. Had some nice celebrations and reactions up there.

Course is due for an inspection tomorrow morning at 8am, with rumours it could be called off and Wednesday's card moved to Saturday (which would be awful... as I only have enough underwear to last me till Friday!)

1664127.jpg

1664171.jpg

1664253.jpg

Day 2.

Was on the last fence today as my colleague and I had swapped, and seems he took my luck too. Strugged today to get anything really clean at the last.

1664755.jpg

1664729.jpg

1664774.jpg

Day 3 done.

Was back on the finish line today. Was tough. Wasn't overly happy with anything.

Roll on tomorrow and the Gold Cup...

1665370.jpg

1665276.jpg

1664893.jpg

Hard to pick a favourite from these they're all fantastic.

Day Four - Gold Cup Day.

Posting this late as after racing yesterday my colleague and I had to race back to the B&B, shower and say our goodbyes and hit the road to get our eventually delayed boat from Holyhead back to Dublin.

Yesterday felt a bit anti-climatic, a bit flat. The Gold Cup itself to me didn't have much of a buzz around it, but maybe that's just after the long week and knowing how close the end was!

Anyways, highlights from the day...

1665606.jpg

1665820.jpg

1665989.jpg

Back