Chemical beach

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
so after paying out for a new filter holder, annoyingly theres no third party equivalent for nisi system.... hey ho and lesson learnt (hopefully)

tide times - check
weather - check
off work - check

i headed over to chemical beach and overall, happy with the image

Chemical beach by Mark Lightfoot, on Flickr

thanks for looking

Interesting composition. Although the white balance looks off to me, too green? Also don't like the shore line being broken on the right hand side of the frame.

Looks like sharpening and clarity set all the way up. When they shouldn't be anywhere near there. Nothing should be going past 50% adjustment really.

And yes it is super green. You might as well go black and white - too little colour to keep it.

Looks like sharpening and clarity set all the way up. When they shouldn't be anywhere near there. Nothing should be going past 50% adjustment really.

And yes it is super green. You might as well go black and white - too little colour to keep it.
I think you need to check your colours first. But thanks for the input

Interesting composition. Although the white balance looks off to me, too green? Also don't like the shore line being broken on the right hand side of the frame.
Thanks but I think it isn't too green and compliments my image rather well thank you. I wouldn't normally break the shoreline, but it revealed to much dead space on the cliff face for me

I'd probably go along with the others on the green cast and the line around the rock, though I like it as an image.

If the photo looks like it has normal colour balance on your computer, could it have been exported in something other than sRGB? That can cause odd colour casts sometimes in incompatible browsers.

I think it isn't too green

It might be worth just double checking your monitor to make sure it's calibrated. It could well be that you're seeing a normal looking image with a monitor that's not showing the right colours. Reason I mention it is because... well... it looks a bit too green to me too.

Thanks but I think it isn't too green and compliments my image rather well thank you. I wouldn't normally break the shoreline, but it revealed to much dead space on the cliff face for me

But its only slightly cut off, it doesn't look like a considered decision that was made but something that was missed. If you've cropped that side I would suggest extending it by just a few pixels to include the shore's edge, it would look much better.

If you genuinely think it's better like this then fine but it seems like you're finding reasons to justify it.

Back