B&W Chew Stoke Waterfall Long Exposure

It's like a fairy grotto, quite delightful. Shame the leaves moved as well.

Last edited:
Think they're great.

It's all too easy to reveal so much detail in an image like this that the main focal point is sometimes lost.
So for me the under exposure works, with no.1 being my fav.

Last edited:
Great find, they certainly work for me :)

Superb Love Them particularly the second image.

My favourite is number one, don't mind that the leaves moved.

Great shoot site, I like the pictures a lot but for me they are a little flat and could do with some wooooompf

Geoff

I really like 2, lovely trails leading away from the falls and the starburst through the trees. I'd agree they are a little dark in the shadow areas and might benefit from some brightening and clarity in the these.

1 and 3 are nice but the leaves are a distraction for me

I like them all, though lower left is my favourite with the starburst and extra detail in the water.

Could you possibly give more information on where exactly it is, where you parked and time to walk there please.
I live in Bristol and a friend who lives in South Shields pointed it out to me so I would like to get some shots of my own.
Just had back operation so it won't be until the spring but I need to have something to look forward to

Very good, I don't think that they are under exposed or lack punch. It's only my opinion but they almost look like moonscapes with that conversion.

Thanks for all your responses. It is interesting how peoples opinions differ. Beauty is very much in the eye of the beholder isn't it. I might have a tinker with them to see what else works better or just different and post up to see what you think. Any advice or ideas on how you would go about giving them some punch and oomph Geoff and ST4? Maybe I just need to bring out some of the highlights and brighten the shadows ever so slightly and balance with contrast to keep or enhance the dynamic if that makes sense.
Horrocks, thanks. I'll do that. :)
Izza1967, Yeah sure. Here is the initial source with directions I found it on. I just parked outside the church. I took maybe 10 mins to walk to.
http://babyroutes.co.uk/walking-routes/avon-somerset-walks/chew-stoke-waterfall-walk/
Enjoy.

Last edited:
Back