Critique Chickens_Chicks

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
I few weeks back I posted an image of a chicken egg that my Neice had been looking after.It had a light shinning through it showing the life within.Out of the 20 eggs being incubated 6 hatched. I called around at theres for tea on Friday and attempted to take some photos of them.
These are them at @ 20 days old.

Crit/feedback more than welcome.

Gaz

Silvia
IMG_3587.jpg

Lily
IMG_3584+Lily.jpg

Fetty
IMG_3571+Fetty.jpg

Benji
IMG_3538+Benji.jpg

Rio
IMG_3529+rio.jpg

Pingu
IMG_3550+Pingu.jpg

In Hand For Scale
Chick+in Hand.jpg

Overall I think that's a very good set , theres the odd one where I think the focus is slightly off to my taste , as I like it nice and sharp on the eye .

And there's one or two where the white is encroaching on blowing the highlights of the beak / edge area and losing a bit of detail...

But other than that , I think it's a really nice set you should be proud of.

Last edited:
Overall I think that's a very good set , theres the odd one where I think the focus is slightly off to my taste , as I like it nice and sharp on the eye .

And there's one or two where the white is encroaching on blowing the highlights of the beak / edge area and losing a bit of detail...

But other than that , I think it's a really nice set you should be proud of.
Hiya. Thanks for the detailed feedback it is much apreciated. Yes I was pleased I got some images. I will go and have a closer look at the focus as at the time I must have thought these were ok or I wouldnt have processed them.

Superb idea Gaz.

Sylvia, Lily and Rio are my picks, great stuff mate.
Cheers Dave. Sounds odd faving a chicken but hey ho thats photography for ya ;-)

Gaz

Hiya. Thanks for the detailed feedback it is much apreciated. Yes I was pleased I got some images. I will go and have a closer look at the focus as at the time I must have thought these were ok or I wouldnt have processed them.

Cheers Dave. Sounds odd faving a chicken but hey ho thats photography for ya ;-)

Gaz

It's Pingu, Benji & Fetty I picked up on .

But that's really nitpicking .

Overall they are very good images

Back