Chicksands bike park

Edit My Images
Yes
Nice set there Chris. Love the sense of speed in the first one.
I have the original 1DX, a mighty beast. Haven't used it yet for Bike Parks yet, nearest to me is Windhill & the car park is miles away. So I tend to use my Sony 6400.

Nice set there Chris. Love the sense of speed in the first one.
I have the original 1DX, a mighty beast. Haven't used it yet for Bike Parks yet, nearest to me is Windhill & the car park is miles away. So I tend to use my Sony 6400.
Thanks @Sgt_Bilko99 - I find the weight of my gear is always worth it when I am shooting sports / action. I have tried a mirrorless camera once (Sony a7riii) and I simply could not be as creative as I'd like. This was my first ever outing with the 1dxii (I usually shoot Nikon, however I have shoot a 1d mkiii) and the camera was sensational, it allowed me to think of the shots I wanted and the rest was taken care of. It's a superb bit of kit.

Normally you will find me at Wessex League football, where the 1DX with a 70-200mm & a 1D MKIV with a 300mm gets me good results. My son likes to jump his MTB, so next time he goes to Chicksands I may venture out there, as I believe the car park is close to the site. That way i can ride and then shoot with the 1DX.

Normally you will find me at Wessex League football, where the 1DX with a 70-200mm & a 1D MKIV with a 300mm gets me good results. My son likes to jump his MTB, so next time he goes to Chicksands I may venture out there, as I believe the car park is close to the site. That way i can ride and then shoot with the 1DX.
Yes, the car park is a few hundred yards away from the site. It's an easy walk to most of the park. There are (obviously) a few steep climbs to make to get into the best positions, but nothing that's too intense. I wouldn't hesitate to walk it with 2 pro bodies.

Back