Childs Play

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
First one from me in a loooong time. Took the children to the park the other day after school, and decided to take my camera with me.

CRW_0048.jpg

All comments, critique, cries of admiration, or the more usual shours of "Awwwww you let your child take photos?"
All gratefully welcome and received :)

BTW it's only been a quick edit, slight adjustments, bit of USM and a border added for presentation.
To be honest it was actually the shot of the See-Saw I was after, (was looking at things from 'kooky' angles), and I noticed my daughter swinging in the background.
Couple of badly timed attempts later and this was the result.

What a small child you have :D

She was much bigger than that, the last time I saw her.

hmmm not sure about this, there is a cracking shot in there struggling to get out, but i cant put my finger on it

I know exactly what you mean, and I fully agree.
A shot may look absolutely brilliant in the viewfinder, yet totally different when you get home. This was one of those times.
I was quietly confident about this shot when I 'saw' it.
I actually had black & white shots in mind when I was at the park, and I thought they would work quite well, also with added grain.
I intended to shoot and give the shots a gritty, urban type look, but when I tried black and white, I don't think it worked at all, and I opted for the full colour version instead.

What Mr EosD said. /\/\/\

There is definatley a good photo there some where. Cant quite put my finger on it. Maybe it is because the subjects are confused. On one hand you have the see-saw dominating the frame on the other the focus is on your daughter on the swing. Yet she is too far away to be the main subject. Your eyes are led to her but it is almost like it is an accdental shot.

Well I've been looking at this for a while and I reckon that through the hoop on the left to catch the swing in motion is the shot. where it is at the moment makes my eyes wander all over the picture looking for the focal point :shock:

Like you say its there but just not standing out at you!

CRW_0048a.jpg

i hope you dont mind, but i had a realy quick play with ur pic,

i think this focuses on the child in a different way, as you looks at the large circle, then small circle, and then see the subject

what u think

( prepares to be shot down in flames ) lol

MyPix

i agree,

but she is not the main subject, she is the focal point,
sometimes they aint the same thing :wink:

this would also work much better if the frame structure was shopped out of the main circle, but i only had a quick mess in ps

MyPix

To give it a little more focus, I would use MrPix's crop but convert the image to b&w and leave the child in colour. In photoshop this is easily done by using desaturate and then the history brush.

Back