Chn4 news item re demise of UK wildlife

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I've just posted a Chn4 report (Monday's news) to Box Brownie on the effects of climate change on our wildlife in a post in the Bird thread (The Curlew by Jeff. the black fox)but it's worth sharing through this thread in case it's been missed. It's a pretty depressing watch tbh. There's no need to sign up to Chn4. It can be watched.

John me olde mate sorry this is slow but I owe ya a masive thanks for this. it was a wonderful watch for me if not very sad still wonderful the sound of Cerlew give me the willies John :runaway: As a small boy i'd often get lost in the woods in the dark,i'd have stayed too long with no torch trying to see brock or charlie. as small boys do;). Being in pitch black in a wood and that sound of Cerlew in the BGK is something I'l never loose. A childs imagination can run riot with these things

Buddy I watched Sir David's extinction aswell,jees mate I've never really felt a sadness like this. I'm part of the overwhelming distruction of nature,I fear our little island and the state of things here is a mere drop in the ocean.

The big picture is really bad isn't it:(,so graphically portrayed in the pie chart near the end of Sir David's " Extinction"

take care bud thanks for posting i'd have missed this for sure

stu

I may have missed that but at least on Channel 4 news you get regular in depth pieces about the environment - something that is almost completely missing from BBC Current Affairs. I tear my hair out listening to the Today programme and WATO etc. It's as if the environmental crisis just doesn't exist.

This is a brilliant piece from Alex Thompson on Channel 4 about grouse shooting (you can find the link in the article) -

https://raptorpersecutionscotland.w...-moors-of-the-north-york-moors-national-park/

Back