Chop Chop

I do like this - it makes me smile and then trying to work it out (y)

Thanks John, it's fairly simply done, just let me know if you want me to let you know.

Yes please - I say on my hands and knees begging for the secret :)

Ok, first you need a light tent or box to shoot in as you need something to hang your stuff from. Then slice your apple & coat with lemon juice to stop it going brown, then thread onto a skewer, separating the bits of apple & setting the angles to make it look right for your shot. Then hang the skewer from the top of the light tent with fishing wire at the angle you want to shoot. Take the shot, then remove the skewer and fishing line in photoshop.
Hope that helps.

Ok, first you need a light tent or box to shoot in as you need something to hang your stuff from. Then slice your apple & coat with lemon juice to stop it going brown, then thread onto a skewer, separating the bits of apple & setting the angles to make it look right for your shot. Then hang the skewer from the top of the light tent with fishing wire at the angle you want to shoot. Take the shot, then remove the skewer and fishing line in photoshop.
Hope that helps.

Thanks for that (y)

Pretty late to reply,, but Apples are for ever. I was sitting in a grave yard today looking for an angle I could have missed, third time there. You might remember me as Boofers, a name my granddaughters gave my grandson and I stole it. I was invited by Chrisa 3 months ago or so. It is so nice to see your wonderful renditions created freely. My middle name is Worth as seen for now. It might disappear tho. Just happens.?

Thats really clever, love the effect. Reminds me of this video

Great image. How did you stop the apple sliding down the skewer as every time I have tried this the fruit just slides about. I have tried bananas and strawberries in the past.

Back