Christmas in Manchester

Name
Ashley
Edit My Images
Yes
1 I took over the weekend. I'm using it as a Christmas card for family and closs friends. Any C&C welcome and encouraged. This is the best I can after some adjustments on PS.

Manchester markets 2011 by aleung2, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

wowo that is a fast wheel...:D
good night shot but minus the yellow sign on the right
is that a food fair below the wheel..
must go in some day on the tram...miss the buzz
cheers
geof

Thanks, I suppose the Selfridges sign is a bit of a distraction. Need to work out how to clone it out on PS. It's the Christmas markets below (part of it) so there is lots of present ideas and yes food also. It's very festive in the city centre this time of year.

Thanks, I suppose the Selfridges sign is a bit of a distraction. Need to work out how to clone it out on PS. It's the Christmas markets below (part of it) so there is lots of present ideas and yes food also. It's very festive in the city centre this time of year.

And also make sure to take a lot of money with you if attending the Christmas markets! Ridicilous!:eek:

you can crop it...its easier than cloning if you think you can lose that portion of the shot
cheers
geof

You can crop it, but for me it isnt a major distraction, afterall that is Selfridges in the background.

andy

Thanks for the feedback. I was reluctant to crop it because I didn't want to change the aspect ratio but come to think of it, it is quite a wide picture. Ideally I wanted more people walking around to get motion blur on them too but there wasn't enough light on them.

Wow great shot, i was there last week with my mrs and two little girls, deliberately left the car at home so i could indulge in the german beer. I wish i had taken my camera, the atmosphere is brilliant.

How did you get the wheel to look like that? Sorry for the question but i'm totally new to photography.

Matt

A great shot. Love the motion captured in the big wheel.If I were to crop anything it would be the bit of building on the left of the wheel. The Selfridges sign I have no problem with.
Xmas Market sounds good and would like to get over there,but don't think I will have the time.:shake:

mattd85 said:
Wow great shot, i was there last week with my mrs and two little girls, deliberately left the car at home so i could indulge in the german beer. I wish i had taken my camera, the atmosphere is brilliant.

How did you get the wheel to look like that? Sorry for the question but i'm totally new to photography.

Matt

Long exposure ;-)

Thanks for the feedback everyone really appreciate it. I didn't actually notice the bit of building on the left, good spot!!

The motion was captured with long exposure, about 20 secs I think at f20 ish. Not much has been done post processing because I'm not that good at it yet.

Back