Christmas Stages 2015

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No
Made a trip out with a couple of mates to Croft for the Xmas stages.
Unfortunately, the circuit didn't announce that the ex Hannu Mikkola Audi was only going to run on the first few corners, so we totally missed seeing it driven by Malcolm Wilson.
Got a fair few safe shots, but was kinda drawn to playing around with incrementally stupider shutter speeds than normal
I don't know if it is the pop of flame, but I really like this first shot, I think despite being weirder than fish, it shows some of the feeling of rallying which is often hard to convey

23402064164_ef32d8792d_h.jpg

23922113162_ce2209c481_h.jpg

They're all gonna say I'm crazy but…
I really dig the first shot like stone!

I forgot to mention the flame that makes it a real keeper!
I know it may be confusing but it is Zodiac and Kodiak ;-)

I like the slightly mad one too, I think you're right about the feel of it.
The only thing I find a bit odd about it is you can't see any road so it looks like the car is ploughing over a field.

The second one is cool because the car stands out from the background however I don't particularly like the first one as it's a bit too messy.

I like the slightly mad one too, I think you're right about the feel of it.
The only thing I find a bit odd about it is you can't see any road so it looks like the car is ploughing over a field.

Thanks Daz, think it needs some refinement. I think the shot I'll post below might work a touch better. It might even have some road in it.

Nope. :D

In contrast though, i like the balance of the second with the tree and also the lovely warm colours really add to the feel.

Bless, almost a troll free comment David, you're getting soft in your old age

The second one is cool because the car stands out from the background however I don't particularly like the first one as it's a bit too messy.

Thanks very much George, I fully anticipate that most people won't like the first. Perhaps the new shot below may be better

I like the first shot, quite in the style of Darren Heath. Just keep doing more!!!!

Cheers Alan. More practice is definitely on the cards!!

Have to agree with kodiak, I think you've nailed the sense of the sport with the 1st & really love the sense of scale in the second. The last one feels like it is being sucked into a black hole.

Back