Chrome Hill, Peak District

Lovely. All comes together, colours, sky composition Nearby High Wheeldon and Hollins Hill are worth a wander too

Very nice. This is an excellent composition and the light is lovely too. I love how those dramatic ridges rise up out of the flat surrounding land. And the soft warm side-light. And that tree is perfectly placed. Personally I'd darken the grass in the foreground - composition-wise I wouldn't change it as it gives the tree space below but it's probably the least interesting elements, yet it's one of the brightest.

Thanks all for the feedback. It was funny because I was the 5th photographer at this location when I arrived at stupid o’clock. Only 3 of us stuck it out for the best light which is shown in this shot and it was literally 2 mins. It makes a huge difference to the ones I took before and after this minus the light.
The fog rolled in shortly after this. I tried other compositions and I’m still working my way through the editing. I have one more image which is shot from higher up the view point where 2 trees and two hills land perfectly on ‘the thirds’.

I think the image was taken at 5.45 am ish so, about an and a half ish? It is a nice spot, I’d like to explore more around the area
Oh that’s waaay too early but what a reward. I guess the warmer weather helps.

Oh that’s waaay too early but what a reward. I guess the warmer weather helps.
Honestly 5:45 isn't too bad, as long as you don't have to travel too far! The rewards are worth it as this picture shows (y)

Back