Church given the Gothic HDR treatment

Name
Charles
Edit My Images
No
St Mary's Church, Glasgow.
I expect not to everyone's taste.
StMary_sHRDtp.jpg

I like it. Tried HDR a few times and its hard to get the right atmospheric look..
This nails it :)

Reminds of the first resident evil game,like it :) although that reference might be lost on some people

Cheers All

Expected a 50/50 negative split on this - Guess those not too keen on HDR wouldn't bother commenting.

Really like this. How many exposures is it?

Hi Sean
I used 3 diff exposures on this and then played around in Photomatix and then PS.

quite appropriate atmosphere...;)

very nicely done...

I am looking for a geezer in a long cape lurking around there somewhere ;-)

Looks good, i remember the first resident evil game one of the best.
Can you get the same effect using CS5 to create HDR ?

not a great fan of this art but as in this example when its good its very good:))

Cheers gusm41, Keith & Derek

Nice HDR and composition, although it does look a little like you've added the sky and I would have been tempted to clone out the chimney to the left.
Hi Gordon
Did like the chimney in the lighter version I had, and did think about cloning out here, but decided it looked fine in.
As far as sky is concerned, it's totally untouched. Was blue sky with some fine white wispy cloud. Possibly the general processing has given it the pasted in look.

I like the processing but think a portrait shot would have suited it more. I want to see more of the door in the frame.
Hi Andrew
Took a couple of portrait shots but there was a trade off with the angel carvings / cross having less impact at the expense of showing the door.

Looks good, i remember the first resident evil game one of the best.
Can you get the same effect using CS5 to create HDR ?
Not an expert on CS5 (or Photomatrix), although I've heard the HDR possibilities in CS5 are much better than previous versions.
Personally i just play around and if it works - fine, if not just try messing around with the sliders and either keep or dump.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply Charles, will give it a go have been watching a video on you tube about HDR in CS5..

Thank you for your reply Charles, will give it a go have been watching a video on you tube about HDR in CS5..
Be looking out for your post Kevin - Good luck with it.
(mail me a link if you don't see any comment from me in the likely event i miss you post)

Great work there..............love it!!
(y)

HDR is something i keep meaning to give a go and this image inspires me even more! Very impressive ,well done and thanks for sharing......:clap:

nu nu nu nun nu nu nun nu nu nu BATMAN!!! lol

looks great. well done. :clap:

... thought batman held up in a cave :shrug:

Cheers Martin

well he does come from a cave lol, but your photo is very dark in nice way and it reminds me of gotham city. Really is a great capture.. didnt want you take my comment as an insult.

;)

Like the HDR in this one. Not overcooked, as they say, and great detail.

I'll have to revisit and take another look, as I'm unsure about the perspective. Feels a bit uncomfortable, to me.

Cheers.

Like the HDR in this one. Not overcooked, as they say, and great detail.

I'll have to revisit and take another look, as I'm unsure about the perspective. Feels a bit uncomfortable, to me.

Cheers.
Hi Andy... perspective is just a point of view, isn't it :D
Cheers

well he does come from a cave lol, but your photo is very dark in nice way and it reminds me of gotham city. Really is a great capture.. didnt want you take my comment as an insult.

;)
No worries Martin, didn't cross my mind it was an insult, just couldn't see the connection with Batman - now seems obvious :bonk:
Cheers (y)

Back