Church Interiors - an open thread.

At last @d00d I've got a couple to add to your thread, I visited my grandaughter at Cambridge Uni at the weekend, I'm pretty sure these are from St John's but it was a whistlestop visist so I lost track a bit.
Both taken with my phone.

Cambridge St Johns by Susiejb, on Flickr

Cambridge by Susiejb, on Flickr

church.jpg

Excellent stuff all. (y)

I must get back into Church Interior mode.

At last @d00d I've got a couple to add to your thread, I visited my grandaughter at Cambridge Uni at the weekend, I'm pretty sure these are from St John's but it was a whistlestop visist so I lost track a bit.
Both taken with my phone.

Those are both taken in one of the worlds best known places of worship - namely King’s College Chapel
Cambridge St Johns by Susiejb, on Flickr

Cambridge by Susiejb, on Flickr

Like most (if not all) churches in Crete, there was a sign here requesting "NO PHOTOGRAPHS" but I was lucky enough to see the priest outside and asked if I could take a couple. He was kind enough to say that I could as long as I didn't use flash. A couple of € in the collection box seemed only polite and I lit a candle for absent friends (and family) (although I'm agnostic, some of the departed weren't and they might appreciate the gesture!)

Not sure to which saint the church is dedicated but it's up an alley near the Southern arm of Matala bay in South Crete.

DSCF4843.jpg

Back