Cinque Terre in a very different light :)

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
After three days in Rome I went to Cinque Terre just as the weather was getting truly terrible. That's the price you pay for prebooking in advance.

But all was not bad and I came back with something unique even if I completely missed out on my golden hour shots

Manarola lightning 1

Should I in fact combine the two or keep them separate as is?

Riomaggiore (miserable weather day 2)

A full write up in the blog post http://www.longlensphotography.co.uk/blog/2017/10/italy-getaway-2017-cinque-terre

I will hopefully sort through Venice shots before too long and then summer outings to Scotland and Wales...

I like the last one with the ghosting people but the others to my complete newbie eye look a little off, like you have managed to backlight the entire landscape. I know next to nothing so pay no attention to me.

They're superb. You've caught the lightning very well. My only criticism is the copyright is so large it's drawing the eye immediately but maybe that's how it has to be done to protect it. With my photos I don't have such considerations to concern myself with.:D

They're superb. You've caught the lightning very well. My only criticism is the copyright is so large it's drawing the eye immediately but maybe that's how it has to be done to protect it. With my photos I don't have such considerations to concern myself with.:D

I don't like to stick a big w-mark myself but with my work abused around so much I have sadly no choice :( You could incorporate it as a part of the scene in each shot but that would require an epic effort to do.

I don't like to stick a big w-mark myself but with my work abused around so much I have sadly no choice :( You could incorporate it as a part of the scene in each shot but that would require an epic effort to do.

I see. Well, I can well understand that your work is lifted. Do those doing it want to use your photos for commercial reasons or worse, pass them off as their own ?

I see. Well, I can well understand that your work is lifted. Do those doing it want to use your photos for commercial reasons or worse, pass them off as their own ?

the first kind as far as I am aware of

Nice enough images.
The WM can be removed in less than three minutes.

One and Two are really cool, and something different from these locations. To answer your question, yes I think a blend including both strikes of lightning could be cool. I can imagine the light was pretty mental, but some local desaturating of the breaking waves to return them to more white/neutral shade would benefit the images.

My favourite shot is the third, and the bad weather is not a problem with the colour of the houses popping nicely and the fourth is a stronger composition than the fifth to me.

Nice enough images.
The WM can be removed in less than three minutes.

I've seen that article. Yes could be done cleanly unless a random variation is introduced, but luckily the sort of people I'm concerned about would not even attempt it and just find an easier image to lift. I'm sure that will change for the worse once there is an app for it.

One and Two are really cool, and something different from these locations. To answer your question, yes I think a blend including both strikes of lightning could be cool. I can imagine the light was pretty mental, but some local desaturating of the breaking waves to return them to more white/neutral shade would benefit the images.

My favourite shot is the third, and the bad weather is not a problem with the colour of the houses popping nicely and the fourth is a stronger composition than the fifth to me.

It was a crazy evening. I found a shelter under rock ledge so I was OK, but seeing people walk past soaked was surreal. The shots came quite late in the evening with almost no ambient light left. Lightning was quite intense and the first shot (taken 5min after the "second" one) is actually almost entirely lit by a very close lightning strike just off the frame to the right. You could clearly see everything for a second so clear and bright like in daytime; I didn't even do much shadow recovery at all there; and it really gives that super strong magenta cast that I intentionally left.

I will have a look at the saturation thing and merging.

Back