City of Wells - Santa Special

-Oy-

Worzel Gummidge
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
34092 City of Wells with a Santa Special approaching Summerseat on the East Lancs Railway this morning.

34092 was constructed at Brighton Works in 1949 and later that year it was named Wells which was changed to City of Wells in 1950. It was initially allocated to Stewarts Lane where it worked out of Victoria to the Kent coast.

City of Wells Santa Special by Dave Green, on Flickr

34092 City of Wells with a Santa Special approaching Summerseat on the East Lancs Railway this morning.

34092 was constructed at Brighton Works in 1949 and later that year it was named Wells which was changed to City of Wells in 1950. It was initially allocated to Stewarts Lane where it worked out of Victoria to the Kent coast.

Dave, using a vertical format to make the steam/smoke plume larger than the locomotive is unusual, but in this case it has worked brilliantly. This is one of those occasions when I can honestly say that if it were my image it would be displayed on the wall.

Dave, using a vertical format to make the steam/smoke plume larger than the locomotive is unusual, but in this case it has worked brilliantly. This is one of those occasions when I can honestly say that if it were my image it would be displayed on the wall.

Thanks Chris :D

Stunning image with a wonderful range of colours.

Last edited:

That's lovely - keep meaning to head out that direction to photograph the Santa Specials, but haven't managed to get around to it yet...

That's a belter Dave, you can't beat "Wells" for exhaust drama and rather confirms my point elsewhere re. exhaust.
Lovely Fuji colours as well.

Last edited:
Back