'Clan Line' Loco

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
On Wednesday I went to catch Clan Line at Twerton Tunnel between Bath and Bristol. I waited from 1250 after it passed at Twerton Tunnel to 5.15 for it to return and caught it at Newton Meadows. It had been a clear blue- sky day until 5.15 when a large cloud developed right overhead and cast a shadow over the hillside and railway.Another photographer there had travelled from Crofton near Hungerford (55 miles 1 hr. 15 minutes drive) as it past there just as the only cloud in the sky developed overhead and dropped the light level just for the very same thing to happen at Newton Meadows. ...so it happened to him twice.

The rather grand house on top of the hill is Kelston Park.

Quite soon work is being undertaken to electrify the railway right across this region so it's beholding to get as many shots in as possible before the photos of steam locos are blighted with overhead cables. The line from Chippenham to Bath and Trowbridge to Bath will be closed for the whole of August.

The problem these days is the way trackside foliage has been allowed to grow.I either got most of the tunnel in by standing at the left end of the bridge or go to right end to get all the carriages in on the left-hand bend but lose most of the right side to centre of the tunnel. I opted for more of the tunnel.

oaok6p.jpg

n6svt2.jpg

Newton Meadows..near Newton St. Loe.
30vmxvr.jpg

szddo2.jpg

Cheers,Tim. The train looks so small set against the hillside..almost like a Hornby. model..ol

The realtimetrains is a great help..we used it for this one.

Back