CLASSIC and important CARS - open thread:

My home page is some sort of news feed and one of the stories today is a list of the most iconic British cars of all time which includes the DeLorean.

So it was right not to post my pics in my US-car thread ... :)

Yup! :D

Has anyone ever heard of a Tatra before?

Tatra-05510.jpg

Tatra-05512.jpg

Tatra-05530.jpg

Tatra-05536.jpg

Tatra-05537.jpg

This appeared outside a pub in Adderbury when I was driving back from Banbury Tesco and I couldn't not stop & take pictures. IIRC it's a Czech design with engine in the rear and very few made. No idea how this wound up in Oxfordshire. I believe this is a Tatra 97.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatra_(company)

Last edited:
More shots of that car (Tatra) HERE.

So has anyone seen a Rover 150 before?

Rover 150-06181.jpg

2 75s joined together - the 75 was a 'classic' modern Rover in all its horribleness.

So has anyone seen a Rover 150 before?

View attachment 234365

2 75s joined together - the 75 was a 'classic' modern Rover in all its horribleness.

Frankenrover..........talk about "cut & shut". But does look like they made a nice job of it.

Shades of what I think was a similar double fronted Cadillac that made a very brief appearance in a chase segment....in a movie whose title escapes???

I think the Tatras, along with some Citroens, have an almost timeless style. A couple of weeks back I showed a young colleague at work a picture of a Citroen CX like we had as a family car, and they thought it was a brand new design. I wish I had some pics of my first CX GTi.

I think the Tatras, along with some Citroens, have an almost timeless style. A couple of weeks back I showed a young colleague at work a picture of a Citroen CX like we had as a family car, and they thought it was a brand new design. I wish I had some pics of my first CX GTi.

Hi, maybe these help a little ... :

DSC09655-a7r2-c-tp.jpg

DSC09690-a7r2-z50m-tp.jpg

Heading for classic status, if not there already.

Mrs Nod's ex, her XK8 X100 4.0. Missed on occasion but then we think of the maintenance and fuel costs and enjoy its replacement (an MX-5).

TheOldGirl.jpg

Thought I was going (more) nuts when I saw these (and the scooter in the 'bikes thread) until I remembered that Marcel's been working and we had been warned that some posts might vanish!

Thought I was going (more) nuts when I saw these (and the scooter in the 'bikes thread) until I remembered that Marcel's been working and we had been warned that some posts might vanish!

Well, this happens ... The pics got lost in migration, and so I reposted them. :)

My fault, I should have read the admin notes ... ---

First car. Started as a 1100 Base, but fitted a 1340cc I think.... 1993 -1996...... :(

FHU 3
by Lee, on Flickr

Second car in 1996 preparing for MOT after the above happened......!

WhenIGotIt
by Lee, on Flickr

Started as a 1300L - > 1300GT > 1340cc > 1760cc > 2100cc

As she stands now even if she hasn't moved for a few months.

by Lee, on Flickr

by Lee, on Flickr

Pile 'em high, and sell 'em cheap (please ( :D) :

L1014622_DxO-z50p-tp_bearbeitet-2.jpg

Last edited:
First car. Started as a 1100 Base, but fitted a 1340cc I think.... 1993 -1996...... :(

FHU 3
by Lee, on Flickr

Second car in 1996 preparing for MOT after the above happened......!

WhenIGotIt
by Lee, on Flickr

Started as a 1300L - > 1300GT > 1340cc > 1760cc > 2100cc

As she stands now even if she hasn't moved for a few months.

by Lee, on Flickr

by Lee, on Flickr
Love that. One of the few classic cars I’d want to have a go at when I retire. The 1300l was my first car. I’d love an RS of some kind but that’d require a lottery win nowadays.

And (IIRC) the Eunos in its homeland.

Had a Mk 2.5 a few years ago (well, Mrs Nod had one!) which got traded in against the XK8 which got sold to help fund a Mk 3 MX-5. Great little cars - a bit thirsty (but not when compared to the XK8!) but fun. TBH, I prefer the look of the older Mk2/2.5 (NB) to the Mk3 (NC) but the Mk3 is way prettier than the Mk4 (ND). The Mk 2.5 we had had an aftermarket induction kit and exhaust so sounded much better too!

According to Yahoo answers, yes.

Back