CLASSIC and important CARS - open thread:

Name
Geof
Edit My Images
Yes
i didnt own one so i didnt offer a name...but i reckon you are right
the 1958 morris 1000 i had used semaphores as indicators and i see this A35 has lamps...so it must be a newer model
just did some googling and i think there were only two little ones like this...A30 and A35...both had little lamps
maybe someone will clarify
but it caught my eye...
cheers
geof

Nod

Krispy and Kremey
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
Been a while but IIRC the A30 cars all had chrome grilles but the A35s came with an assortment - body colour matched!!!

James Hunt had a van (again, IIRC!), an A35. He reckoned that he could have as much fun driving it at its limits as he could "at work".

Name
Geof
Edit My Images
Yes
Been a while but IIRC the A30 cars all had chrome grilles but the A35s came with an assortment - body colour matched!!!

James Hunt had a van (again, IIRC!), an A35. He reckoned that he could have as much fun driving it at its limits as he could "at work".
a canny driver

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
My father had an A30 and he told me that that it had a small rear screen and the A35 had a larger one. The car in the picture looks like its got the larger screen.

Nod

Krispy and Kremey
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes

Nod

Krispy and Kremey
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
A real, honest BMW - no sign of even an indicator stalk/switch!!!

Nod

Krispy and Kremey
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
Common as muck, Morgans! (There's a dealer at the bottom of the road up to the golf club where I play.)

OP
OP
justpix
Name
Immo
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, Morgans are rare in Germany and have a great image. They participate in rallyes like the HEIDELBERG HISTORIC:

D80_3163-n70c-tp.jpg

Name
Geof
Edit My Images
Yes
Common as muck, Morgans! (There's a dealer at the bottom of the road up to the golf club where I play.)
what engine do they put in them nowadays...?
i worked with a solicitor called Morgan who drove a VW GTi...years later i saw him in a white Morgan...
:)

Nod

Krispy and Kremey
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
what engine do they put in them nowadays...?
i worked with a solicitor called Morgan who drove a VW GTi...years later i saw him in a white Morgan...
:)

The 4 wheelers use a selection of Ford engines (1600/4, 2000/4 & 3.6[?]/V6) and the 3 wheeler uses an S&S (souped up Harley) Vtwin.

Is that 300 a genuine car or a replica? Looks pretty good, whichever!

OP
OP
justpix
Name
Immo
Edit My Images
Yes
Is that 300 a genuine car or a replica? Looks pretty good, whichever!
Hi, the Mercedes shown above is original. The HMSC event is a high-class event with excellent cars. I expect to be invited to take pics again this year.

Last edited:

Nod

Krispy and Kremey
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
Looks like a grown up Topolino!