CLASSIC and important CARS - open thread:

i didnt own one so i didnt offer a name...but i reckon you are right
the 1958 morris 1000 i had used semaphores as indicators and i see this A35 has lamps...so it must be a newer model
just did some googling and i think there were only two little ones like this...A30 and A35...both had little lamps
maybe someone will clarify
but it caught my eye...
cheers
geof

Reactions: Nod
Been a while but IIRC the A30 cars all had chrome grilles but the A35s came with an assortment - body colour matched!!!

James Hunt had a van (again, IIRC!), an A35. He reckoned that he could have as much fun driving it at its limits as he could "at work".

Been a while but IIRC the A30 cars all had chrome grilles but the A35s came with an assortment - body colour matched!!!

James Hunt had a van (again, IIRC!), an A35. He reckoned that he could have as much fun driving it at its limits as he could "at work".

a canny driver

My father had an A30 and he told me that that it had a small rear screen and the A35 had a larger one. The car in the picture looks like its got the larger screen.

A real, honest BMW - no sign of even an indicator stalk/switch!!!

Common as muck, Morgans! (There's a dealer at the bottom of the road up to the golf club where I play.)

Hi, Morgans are rare in Germany and have a great image. They participate in rallyes like the HEIDELBERG HISTORIC:

D80_3163-n70c-tp.jpg

Common as muck, Morgans! (There's a dealer at the bottom of the road up to the golf club where I play.)
what engine do they put in them nowadays...?
i worked with a solicitor called Morgan who drove a VW GTi...years later i saw him in a white Morgan...
:)

what engine do they put in them nowadays...?
i worked with a solicitor called Morgan who drove a VW GTi...years later i saw him in a white Morgan...
:)

The 4 wheelers use a selection of Ford engines (1600/4, 2000/4 & 3.6[?]/V6) and the 3 wheeler uses an S&S (souped up Harley) Vtwin.

Is that 300 a genuine car or a replica? Looks pretty good, whichever!

Is that 300 a genuine car or a replica? Looks pretty good, whichever!

Hi, the Mercedes shown above is original. The HMSC event is a high-class event with excellent cars. I expect to be invited to take pics again this year.

Last edited:
My 1st post here :)

i-wfdP7KH-XL.jpg

i-HZFHRnj-XL.jpg

Looks like a grown up Topolino!

Back