CLASSIC and important CARS - open thread:

All pictures taken in the Yorkshire dales.

i-qGbtJQG-XL.jpg

i-c7zLHsW-XL.jpg

i-cQG7JtC-XL.jpg

Hi, nice cars, nice countryside, badlywornroy! :) I was in Yorkshire in 1991, liked it very much there! ---

A RAILTON:

D80_1656-n50-tp.jpg

D80_1646-n70c-tp.jpg

One from Trimpley steam fare , If it was the estate/shooting brake/station wagon model it would be my ideal car no modern bull excrement to deal with ! A rare photo when my Canon 10d actually worked !

cortina.jpg

Last edited:
Hill Billy drag racer.Not quite a classic but I do think people making custom cars is important, the builder of this one forgot that it is a good idea/safety feature if you can see in the direction of travel.

hill billy.jpg

That's a bit of an oddity. It appears to be a Series 1 which were built between '48-'58 but checking on the DVLA site, it says it was first registered in May '63. The only thing I can think of is that it was a military one (hinted at by the blue square and yellow disc) that was released (and first civilian registered) in '63 but I'm not sure how that works.

Your probably right Nod, I once own a bike that was clearly a 1970's model Honda xl125s ( drum brakes 6 volts electric,twin shocks) which had been imported from Belgium where it was registered as new in the 90's then it was imported to the UK and had an early 2000's plate. It caused me real grief with the insurers as the model number never matched any of thier records for a bike of that year !

Hi, a few more of the ROVER, Bergfahrt Königstuhl 2019:

L1016388_DxO-L35cron-tp.jpg

L1016432_DxO-L35cron-c-tp.jpg

Last edited:
Back