CLASSIC and important CARS - open thread:

Yup.

The 356 is a Chesil?

Can't be the real one - it's moving under its own power! (The Mk 2 they used for the series [IIRC, he drove a Lancia in the books] was notoriously unreliable and many of the "pulling away" shots were done with it being pushed out of shot.)

Can't be the real one - it's moving under its own power! (The Mk 2 they used for the series [IIRC, he drove a Lancia in the books] was notoriously unreliable and many of the "pulling away" shots were done with it being pushed out of shot.)

Oh, another illusion gone ... ---

Oh, another illusion gone ... ---
Way back in the 1960s I had a passing aquaintance with a bloke who was a member of the Marks family (of M&S fame) and had been given a Mark II for his 21st birthday. He gave me a lift in the Jag a couple of times and very luxurious it was too. I assumed at the time that its reliability matched its appearance. As you say: another illusion gone... :sulk:

In their day they were all they should be but the years haven't been kind to many of them (or us!!!)

In their day they were all they should be but the years haven't been kind to many of them (or us!!!)

Hi, I have only the view from the outside, have never been riding in one. --- Ownership is always a different matter.

A business partner had a Ferrari and complained about the quality, water getting inside when it rained. His solution: he bought a BMW 750 instead ... ---

Hi, the VW Passat can be a personally important car, depending on who is driving it, as the motorcyclist seems to have found out ... :

L1018473_DxO-L50c-tp.jpg

Ooh! A Camel!!! Best thing about it was that (in the UK) it was easy to tell when you were as far over to the side of the road as possible so everything could get past you as safely as possible - they're so dog-slow that the usual difficulty that a LHD car poses (to UK drivers), namely seeing to overtake, never reared its head. Quite fun though.

A shot from 1995 showing what everyone needed to get around Exeter in those days (the car behind is an Astra Mark 1)...

Canon Eos 1995 28-17.jpg

Half way down Sidwell Street?

Always fancied an air-portable but never wanted to pay the prices they've been asking!

Hi, yesterday at the 12. Oldtimer-Fahrt GOLDENER HUT (It rained at the beginning. So, I took the pics sitting in my car ... ) :

D80_8179-n70c-tp.jpg

Hi, the Mainzer Automobil Classic will be this Saturday. The weather looks unstable. So, I might have to go to Schwetzingen in the morning, and to the MAC
in the afternoon ...

From last year:

D80_3978-n70c-tp.jpg

The memorabilia I got for my 2018 pics:

DSC01664-a7r2-3-tp.jpg

I think, it is nice, when classic cars and photography are complementary hobbies ... ---

Hi, a NISSAN 100 GTI. We had one from 1992 to 2003. My wife used it for commuting. And we had wonderful holidays with it, going to Italy, France and Switzerland many times.

They are rare now ... :

D80_7998-n70c-tp.jpg

Last edited:
Back