CLASSIC and important CARS - open thread:

Do you have any more shots of that, Immo? I've seen V8 Beetles (real ones!) - both front and rear engine but never seen a 2CV with a big transplant.

Do you have any more shots of that, Immo? I've seen V8 Beetles (real ones!) - both front and rear engine but never seen a 2CV with a big transplant.

Sorry, this is the only one I have. I took it after the arrival of the 2CV-V8. After this, another car parked close to it ...

This reminds me of a shark

Hi, it is a case of form follows function. Getting as much air as possible for cooling to the radiator without causing too much air turbulence leads to very similar solutions when you look at sports cars of the era. Cars with rear-mounted air-cooled engines lead to different solutions ... --- :)

Alpine en bleu ... :

D80_7600-n70c-tp.jpg

Hi, a friendly Landy (which rhymes a little ( :LOL: )) at the Heidelberg Historic 2919 :

D80_7663-n70c-tp.jpg

In a way, yes. Very solid build. - The 600 was more successful than the recent MAYBACH-revival. For DB it was not profitable, so it was discontiunued ... ---

The 600 is rare, even here. I saw a few in 2015 at the LUFTHANSA car meeting :

L1006170-L21-c-tp.jpg

L1006230-L21a-c-tp.jpg

L1006173-L21a-c-tp.jpg

Reactions: RVW
Even though the Series 3 is the "ugliest" of the E-Types, I wouldn't turn one down! Wouldn't say no to the SL beside it, either.

C2 would do as well!

Even though the Series 3 is the "ugliest" of the E-Types, I wouldn't turn one down! Wouldn't say no to the SL beside it, either.

Hi, the 190SL at Alzenau :

L1019324_DxO-z35b-c-tp.jpg

L1019259_DxO-z35b-c-tp.jpg

And one in action :

D80_1232-n70-tp.jpg

The 190SL stood in the shadow of the 300SL, a hyper-car then. The 190SL was a typical second car for the seriously rich, at a time, when many were saving for their
first car, riding motocycles ... ---

@RVW : In the transport section is a thread for US cars. Your beautiful 'vette will find the attention, it fully deserves, there ---

Love the aero over the front dumb irons! I think Bordino was probably very sensible...

Hi, BENTLEYs are normally very rare here. In Schwetzingen this year there were many, however, to celebrate the 100 year anniversary. ---

At the HEIDELBERG HISTORIC 2019 :

D80_7333-n70c-tp.jpg

Last edited:
Possibly as rare as Bentley 4 1/2 litres!

I test drove a Bond Bug when they came out in 1970. Strictly a town car but great fun. Just don't hit anything with it! Good job I couldn't afford it at the time... :naughty:

Back