CLASSIC and important CARS - open thread:

A "proper" Mini on HP5 ( do I get triple points? :naughty: )

Leica Old Mini Swindon Old Town.jpg

Hi, I like the RILEY-Mini very much. All those lamps ... How many could the Lucas generator keep glowing? But the look - and the Mini of course - are very popular:

D80_3026-n70c-tp-2.jpg

How many could the Lucas generator keep glowing?

Not many - at least, not for long! That's why they're usually covered. (Not unusual to see a rack of lamps like that with no wires attached - possibly no bowls behind the covers, either...)

Hi, TR3 hc for Vintage Racer, whose story on imageweaver I read. Now I know, why his TR3 is almost better than new ... --- :

D80_2947-n70c-tp.jpg

Late to this thread...but this is one of my cars with a story. It’s an Alfa Romeo 146. Not particularly exciting on the face of it, but my eldest daughter was born on the front seat of mine. 2 & 1/2 hour labour for our first and she made appearance. She’s now 12. 0FBECA99-A7CA-43B3-8007-15224D61F5B4.jpeg

Late to this thread...but this is one of my cars with a story. It’s an Alfa Romeo 146. Not particularly exciting on the face of it, but my eldest daughter was born on the front seat of mine. 2 & 1/2 hour labour for our first and she made appearance. She’s now 12.

Welcome! What a nice, moving story!!! :)

Hi, an Aston Martin Le Mans 1933, the second one is a FORD :

D80_7358-n70c-tp.jpg

Last edited:
And I bet the Ford occupants wish it had its mudguards fitted!

full

Not sure if this is in the spirit of the thread, seen at the last Bicester Sunday Scramble, I think it's called Medusa, there are lots of videos on YouTube of the owner testing it on a rolling road in his garage!! Here yo u go save you searching for it https://www.youtube.com/user/legrandphromage/videos

It has 2 jaguar straight 6 engines running on LPG, proper "man in a garage" amazeballs

D

Last edited:
Possibly closer than you know. IIRC the 2 litre Bristol engine was based on a BMW lump, modified by Bristol.

full

Not sure if this is in the spirit of the thread, seen at the last Bicester Sunday Scramble, I think it's called Medusa, there are lots of videos on YouTube of the owner testing it on a rolling road in his garage!!

It has 2 jaguar straight 6 engines running on LPG, proper "man in a garage" amazeballs

D

Sure! Anything goes, especially wild ones like this one !

Talking of derivations and BMWs, here's a cute little van:

IMG_1237.jpg

Based on the Austin Seven.

And from the same museum, my favourite BMW of all time:

IMG_1246.jpg

(apologies for cheating slightly!)

Hi, a G-Klasse in Mainz/D. I had a few words with the happy owner. - In German pc- and eco-circles SUVs are frowned upon.

Funnily, the G-Klasse is exempt ... --- :

L1001047_DxO-z25-c-tp.jpg

Back