CLASSIC and important CARS - open thread:

Dad managed to crash my Grandfather's Herald (the go-slower version of that Vitesse!) estate into a tree many years ago.

Happy Easter! Many MGs are green. - A blue one, for a change (somewhat over-restored ... ) :

D80_7471-n70c-tp.jpg

Last edited:
Slightly topical - the late, great Sir Stirling Moss used to drive one between races.

Neither did I until I looked at Wiki to find out a little more about Facels and Vegas in particular!

Not exactly the most practical of vehicles but I bet it's a LOT of fun!

Hi, a LOTUS replica ? (but not accordingto the badge) ... :

View attachment 275456
That's just the sort of thing I'd like to look at buying at the end of all of this current situation. I have promised I am not going to get another motorcycle, but one of those looks like it could sort my fix out.

That's just the sort of thing I'd like to look at buying at the end of all of this current situation. I have promised I am not going to get another motorcycle, but one of those looks like it could sort my fix out.

Hi, a trike would have also made you keep your promise. But this one is more stable ... ---

Last edited:
Hi, a trike would have also made you keep your promise. But this one is more stable ... ---
I'm afraid trikes don't do it for me at all. :)

Back in the late '70s I saw a trike that grabbed my attention. It was the back end of a Ferrari 512 BB with a pair of long forks on the front.

More recently, there was a 5.3 Jag V12 trike featured in BSH.

Seen a couple of Boom trikes with flat 6s in them too.

Still a wheel too many though!!!

Back in the late '70s I saw a trike that grabbed my attention. It was the back end of a Ferrari 512 BB with a pair of long forks on the front.

More recently, there was a 5.3 Jag V12 trike featured in BSH.

Seen a couple of Boom trikes with flat 6s in them too.

Still a wheel too many though!!!

Hi, some people say it's the worst of both worlds - car and motorcycle.

But there may be health reasons for going that way.

And they are as safe as sidecar-combinations.

This one does not look under-powered :

D80_6969-n70c-tp-2.jpg

Hi, some people say it's the worst of both worlds - car and motorcycle.

But there may be health reasons for going that way.

And they are as safe as sidecar-combinations.

This one does not look under-powered :

View attachment 275499
Personally I'd say it's the worst of both. But, hey, each to their own :)

Recently built a wooden model of a Plus 8.

Citroen Traction Avant at the Yorkshire Air Museum...

Citroen Traction car at Yorkshire Air Museum GM5 P1220759.JPG

Last edited:
Hi, in South-West Germany, close to the French border, we see them quite often :

L1018442_DxO-L50c-tp.jpg

L1018421_DxO-L50c-2-tp.jpg

L1018418_DxO-L50c-tp.jpg

D80_7908-n70c-tp.jpg

I wonder if the owner of the top one chose the number plate in homage to George Simenon, creator of Maigret.

Hi, in Germany, plates are assigned by local authorities, where you live. SIM is issued in Simmern.

Reactions: Nod
(Sort of) the same happens here in the UK but you can also buy a number from elsewhere and put it on your vehicle (after paying the necessary fee to the government...)

(Sort of) the same happens here in the UK but you can also buy a number from elsewhere and put it on your vehicle (after paying the necessary fee to the government...)

Hi, this is not possible here. I will always get an MZ plate, MZ for Mainz. Then there is one letter for Mainz country or two for Mainz city, followed by up to 4 numbers.

For a fee, you can get a "Wunschkennzeichen" if it has not been assigned already, e.g. MZ-P-1 (P for Peter).

I do not do this. I simply take what is offered, select then the number that is most difficult to remember e.g. 5293 (never 1000, or 2002 etc.), in case someone wants to report me ...

Last edited:
This was supposed to be the second week of driving through France in this, instead it's parked on the drive, I haven't even cleaned it for a month

IMG_20191206_42777.jpg

This was supposed to be the second week of driving through France in this, instead it's parked on the drive, I haven't even cleaned it for a month

Don't worry. The time for you and your Mustang will come ... ---

L1017894_DxO-L50s-c-tp.jpg

Back