CLASSIC and important CARS - open thread:

Hi, nicer to look at than to drive on a summer day (due to poor ventilation and no A/C ... :

L1019119_DxO-z35d-c-tp.jpg

Looks so good in that honest, used condition with the little dents and stone chips holding it above the trailer queens (IMO, anyway!!!).

I was unfortunately denied driving privileges when the F-Type was introduced so couldn't take one out for a test drive at the launch party. Know a couple of people who have had them and neither kept them for long for some reason.

You cannot beat a classic Mercedes, it’s just that beautiful simplicity about them that makes them stand out

I was unfortunately denied driving privileges when the F-Type was introduced so couldn't take one out for a test drive at the launch party. Know a couple of people who have had them and neither kept them for long for some reason.

Hi, I find the F-Type attractive, and it seems to offer good value for money. The one shown above was 50K €, 3 years old, with 10k km, 1 owner.

Low mileage can of course mean sunday car or only short city drives, or even it spent a lot of time at the garage being fixed.

I have no personal F-type experience, and do not any owners. - In AUDI-, BMW-, Mercedes- and Porsche-land a Jaguar purchase would be a little exotic.

If I were to consolidate my car ownership in the future, it would be more along the Touareg, Q7 or GLS line ... ---

I found the F type to look and sound better than it performed. It also wouldn’t fit in with my need for 4 doors. The M3 works better for me, but obviously not as sexy to look at.

I found the F type to look and sound better than it performed. It also wouldn’t fit in with my need for 4 doors. The M3 works better for me, but obviously not as sexy to look at.

Hi, I see your point. I need space for a dog, so it's either a sporty estate or a SUV.

I need the practicality of a larger car so have the "sporty" (well, for a Diesel, anyway!) estate. Might take an extra second or so to get to 60 but I can live with that - if I want extra acceleration, I'll use a bike.

[QUOTE="SAABs took part in rallyes, too. The handling was tricky, and this is how "Carlsson on the roof" became famous in the 60s ... ---]

Great pic and I have a soft spot for these Saabs, I had one in the mid-80s and started prepping it for rallying, which never happened as I ran out of money and got distracted. Left foot braking was the way forward, or rather sideways, in these!

A general Hello from me to the forum, this is my first post. Primarily I joined to learn and especially to get criticism, this site was recommended by a few people as being very constructive. I'll post some photos once I've passed the three posts rule and figured out how the site works.

[QUOTE="SAABs took part in rallyes, too. The handling was tricky, and this is how "Carlsson on the roof" became famous in the 60s ... ---]

Great pic and I have a soft spot for these Saabs, I had one in the mid-80s and started prepping it for rallying, which never happened as I ran out of money and got distracted. Left foot braking was the way forward, or rather sideways, in these!

A general Hello from me to the forum, this is my first post. Primarily I joined to learn and especially to get criticism, this site was recommended by a few people as being very constructive. I'll post some photos once I've passed the three posts rule and figured out how the site works.

Hi, a welcome to you!!! :) This is a very friendly forum, and so is this thread. You will like it here.

Photos for pleasure means that critique is not expected. It is more show and tell, with many car enthusiasts taking part.

(I almost bought a 900 GLS Saab in 1981. But then, I changed my mind, and bought a Mercedes, I drove for 9 years.)

I wonder if that MG suffers from having its blower cowled? All the ones I've seen (at classic/vintage motorsport events) have had them out in the open to keep them as cool as possible.

I wonder if that MG suffers from having its blower cowled? All the ones I've seen (at classic/vintage motorsport events) have had them out in the open to keep them as cool as possible.

Hi, I have seen this MG taking part in many events over the years. I am not sure if the blower is working. Maybe, the car has just the beautiful housing, and the blower is not engaged...

Next time, I see the owners, I shall ask them.

It's possible that it's a dummy housing but a little unlikely. You can usually hear the blower whining when the car's running, although it's not as loud as the 4 1/2 Bentleys!

It's possible that it's a dummy housing but a little unlikely. You can usually hear the blower whining when the car's running, although it's not as loud as the 4 1/2 Bentleys!

Good. So, I do not have ask the owners, I just listen ... ;)

Probably!

Isn't it just. Bet it's a money pit too, if you need to use it every day. :p

I'd love an Alfa GTV, but I stand more chance of owning a Porsche 911 Targa (one of my dream cars) than I do one of those.
I think I'd probably be hugely disappointed if I drove that, so wishing to own it is better. I am pretty spoilt with my M3, and have no intention od selling it, there's only really a 911 GTS that I'd want to replace it, and to be honest I'd rather spend the money on other things at the moment.

From the sublime, to the slightly less sublime. This used to be someone's daily driver, and I'd see it almost every morning on the B4260 last year. Going shopping one Saturday morning, I came across it parked in Ardley and stopped to take a few shots.

Fiat Abarth 695-01705 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

Fiat Abarth 695-01709 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

With my Mini Countryman (written off in January)

Fiat Abarth 695-01712 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

Fiat Abarth 695-01715 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

Fiat Abarth 695-01716 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

Fiat Abarth 695-01719 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back