CLASSIC and important CARS - open thread:

Hi, very popular here (I haven't seen the new model up to now) ... :

D80_0453-n70c-tp.jpg

Popular here too but now stupidly expensive for what is basically a road going tractor (although the later models are rather more civilised less uncivilised than the earlier "Series" models.

Hi, I could have shown my 300SE, too, but there were lots of Mercedes cars already ... :

L1002640_DxO-L50c-2-c.jpg

L1002641_DxO-L50c-4.jpg

Hi, very rare (like most everyday cars nobody wanted to keep ... ) :

D80_7436-n70c.jpg

I love the look of XKs, all the way up to the X-100 XK8 and wouldn't say no to an X-150, even if it is a bit too angular for my liking. Have to say that a lot of the beauty of the XKs is hidden under the bonnet - the early XK engines are a work of art in themselves.

I wonder who did the conversion? There was (maybe still is!) a company called Crawford who did a few conversions of coupés and IIRC, Ghia did some too.

I wonder who did the conversion? There was (maybe still is!) a company called Crawford who did a few conversions of coupés and IIRC, Ghia did some too.

Hi, I looked into this in Google before I posted the pic, because I thought it was a do-it-yourself conversion :

Stanley Lazarus from Long Island/USA was the source.

Hi, owners of a 911 and Boxter or Cayman say they handle better ... --- :

D80_2012-n70c.jpg

Hi, a cute, little car my wife got for the day when her Passat was being serviced :

DSC00401-nex5-s28-2.jpg

DSC00400-nex5-s28-c.jpg

Is that one of the estates?

Is that one of the estates?

Yes, I think so, judging from the size of the rear window. They are very rare (and expensive) now. - In Germany, they were called Schneewittchensarg (Snowwhite's Coffin) ... ---

I saw that when I was looking for info on the convertible you posted fairly recently!

Back