Classic BMW

Edit My Images
Yes
hi guys, this is my weekend car,

i would like some criticism but i know the shot in its self isnt amazing, personally i would say its ok (but dont want to put it in indepth critique as it hasnt reached that level to go in there - if you know what i mean).

i had to move the car abt 40 times just to get it in the right position so, i missed out teh for sale signs from accros the road and traffic lights and what not.

the car could do with being a bit cleaner on the plastcis to make it a black & white striking feature.

the white line for parking space spoils it and the shadow takes away too much from the subject.

would like some comments guys, cheers :)

DSC_2751hdredit.jpg

Well, with the front of the car in light and near side in shadow it leaves the lighting very un-balanced. You where right to try and avoid background clutter (especially if you're not photoshop competent) but one thing i've learnt over the last couple of years is that sometimes a location just doesn't work when you have bright sunlight. If it had been an overcast day you probably would've had a more even light.
Anyway, it's nice to see another old Beemer on here. Is it a 3.5?

Hope you dont mind, set myself 60 secs to show what minor tweaks can do to improve.
All i did was adjust curves and burn in the sky.

Not perfect as was done so quick but you can start to see how its improved.

dsc_2751hdredit2.jpg

Trev, I much prefer your edit, much more punch to it!!

I must admit, I went out to take some shots of my car and thought 'cant be that hard to take pictures of a car parked up'. BUt I was wrong. Very, very wrong :LOL:

cheers for that guys, when i get a chance ill take some more shots (pref once its been polished and waxed) and try and get a bit more competent in PS.

Back