Edit My Images
Yes
A few alternative shots from Matty's

165520162.jpg

165520210.jpg

165520211.jpg

165520212.jpg

165520284.jpg

Near to where we were staying was a cemetery, which I knew had some military graves in. Next to them was this

165544513.jpg

Malcolm David Whitworth (1904 — 3 July 1950)
On 2 July 1950, Whitworth competed in the 350 cc Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps.
He was riding a privately entered Velocette and was in a fight for fifth place with Harold Daniell, Ted Frend and Charlie Salt.
On the tenth lap, Whitworth and Salt came together, crashing heavily. Whitworth was taken to hospital where he was diagnosed with a skull fracture. The following day, Whitworth died in hospital from his injuries.
In accordance with his wishes, which were to be buried close to the scene of any fatal accident he might have, he was buried in the local cemetery in Spa.

The pit shot works really well! I like the perspective from there. Nice to see some atmosphere shots here too, as I didn't get any time to wander around and soak up the atmosphere much. Cracking weekend wasnt it!

The pit shot works really well! I like the perspective from there. Nice to see some atmosphere shots here too, as I didn't get any time to wander around and soak up the atmosphere much. Cracking weekend wasnt it!
Cheers - thought that when I saw it - the two rows. Taken from the stand opposite.
Thought I'd stick up some alternatives as you probably missed all the other attractions, such as the dancing girls at the DJ VW bus :D

Brilliant weekend. Definitely on my list to go again

Back