Classical-ish kind of thing

I think it's a strong image and good to something a bit different in this genre

Nicely done, I like the processing.

Lovely image, I'm not sure about the direction of where she is looking. It may be better looking more off camera or at the camera. Just off as it is, I'm not sure it works but it's a personal thing you will never find something we all like.

Nice. Love the processing. Can you share details of your setup etc? What background did you use?

Yes this gets my vote. I really like that you fashioned the dress. You get an extra buzz from going the extra mile :) The colours and tones are great.

Gaz

It's just a 120 octa in front of a dark grey background at about 30degrees or so. I think it's iso 100, 1/125, F5.6.

The background is layered with a texture from deviant art. Theres various dodging on one layer and another with some white painted in with soft light blend mode to counter some of the red under the eyes.

Lovely image, I'm not sure about the direction of where she is looking. It may be better looking more off camera or at the camera. Just off as it is, I'm not sure it works but it's a personal thing you will never find something we all like.

As above.

I love:
The lighting
Processing
Artistic direction
Outfit
Cute kid

The only fly in the ointment is the direction of the gaze.

As above.

I love:
The lighting
Processing
Artistic direction
Outfit
Cute kid

The only fly in the ointment is the direction of the gaze.
:plus1: except for the gaze. I rather think it adds a little something to the mood; makes her look thoughtful. IMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the feedback. The gaze isn't really supposed to be comfortable, in fact, I was asking her to do her bored face and look at different things in the studio. It's getting quite a mixed response and people are talking about it so I guess I've managed to stir up some kind of emotions which in itself is good.

I really like this. Works very well, IMO. I won't list the things I like about, just really love the image as a whole. :)

Back