Cleaning out the garage

Yours are a bit grimy, but those things actually sell on ebay; £3.20 for one of those in a keyring, for example...

oohhh profit!!! :D

Found a couple of Embassy cigarette vouchers too :)

A real blast from the past..........plus I also remember the Co-Op stamps that @Bebop mentioned.

I have a vague memory of chucking a number of G-S books out when clearing out my mom & dad's stuff in the mid 90's.

PS plus licking and sticking them :) bwercchh !

Last edited:
Remember the stamp dispensers above the tills in the Co-Op?
Vintage-Collectable-Green-Shield-Stamp-despenser-machine-with.jpg
I was standing in the queue with my Mum, and the assistant pressed a button to dispense stamps for the woman ahead of us, and the thing threw a fit and spewed the whole roll out at her.
Two other assistants were needed to carry the huge curly bundle off to the back shop.

Does anyone remember those coin saving box things, looked a bit like connect 4 but where you'd drop the coin and it would bounce down pinging off things etc and into a savings box at the bottom? Can't for the life of me find one now.

Does anyone remember those coin saving box things, looked a bit like connect 4 but where you'd drop the coin and it would bounce down pinging off things etc and into a savings box at the bottom? Can't for the life of me find one now.
Some of the charity collection boxes are like that - for the RNLI I think?

I figured in an attempt to reignite my photography, I'd clean out my garage so I could find my camera and equipment

I found a camera along with a macro lens which is good as flowers are now blooming but more importantly, I've found my testicles so I can now go out and not bother about what others think.

I recall the JESUS SAVES signs that some religious wallahs used to put all over the place. Some comedians amended them to read:-

JESUS SAVES
GREEN SHIELD STAMPS

recall the JESUS SAVES signs that some religious wallahs used to put all over the place. Some comedians amended them to read:-
I liked the one years ago, when the Welsh were being very anti English and there were Free Wales posters everywhere
some even had added "h" With every 4 gallons ...

Or "Bill Stickers" will be prosecuted, ( remember those?)
Many with the addendum Bill stickers is innocent ..

Ah the care free days of the 60's & 70's (y)

Last edited:
I recall the JESUS SAVES signs that some religious wallahs used to put all over the place. Some comedians amended them to read:-

JESUS SAVES
GREEN SHIELD STAMPS

The one I always remember seeing was “But Keegan puts it in on the rebound” [emoji3]

I though he saved with the Woolwich.

Or the things you had to put a 2p piece in and you got a piece of cadburys dairy milk chocolate.

Back