Cleat

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Standing on the Quiraing on Skye a week ago, just as the light started to break through gently lighting the slope of Cleat and the Trotternish ridge. It's dark, yep, that's how it was and how I like it.

Cleat by Martin Steele, on Flickr

The composition is lovely and different to the wider take. Ideally, and this is a me thing, that lochan would be still.

It is a dark image but with the sky and position of the sun I cannot see any other way round processing it and an ugly HDR rendition wouldn't cut it.

Works well, the light reflecting what it was (and often can be like) and a nice atmospheric image. :)

I really like the subtleness of that light on the mountain side, really nice muted tones. Its a real "Natural" feeling photograph that has a great feeling of quality about it, very nice indeed.(y)

I really like the subtleness of that light on the mountain side, really nice muted tones. Its a real "Natural" feeling photograph that has a great feeling of quality about it, very nice indeed.(y)

Thank you Steve :)

"Cracking" shot Sir, nuff said.(y)

George.

Love this. Dark, yeah but that's one of the things that make it good in my opinion, it's full of drama. A lovely low light image on the verge of lighting up, beautiful.

I second getting down to that loch on a still day though, has to be done.

Aye, that'll do Martin. Just enough light on Cleat to reveal a small amount of detail but still retain mood. There's the difference between a good shot and a great shot....good use of the available light.
In case you were wondering, this is a great shot but you know that already. Also like the implied diagonal between the lochan, Cleat and the distant mountain.

Aye, that'll do Martin. Just enough light on Cleat to reveal a small amount of detail but still retain mood. There's the difference between a good shot and a great shot....good use of the available light.
In case you were wondering, this is a great shot but you know that already. Also like the implied diagonal between the lochan, Cleat and the distant mountain.

Thanks Scott. The light broke fully not long after this, but for me the shot just doesn't have the same impact as this one...but then I do like moody :D

Back