Cleveleys beach

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone,

I've not posted many images lately so here's a few I took last week at cleveleys beach. Went down there to try out my new Tokina 17mm prime lens.
Larger versions are available on my website.

old_groynes_small.jpg

misty_rocks_small.jpg

setting_sun_small.jpg

Love all three mate!

#1 has excellent composition, contrast and subject, as well as being very well exposed.

#2 I feel could have done with being exposed for slightly less time, so that there might be a little detail in the water, but otherwise lovely.

#3 is deffo one of the better HDR shots that i have seen of late. Excellent colours and contrast, the sky is perfect, and the shot has a dramatic yet calming sensation to it. Very nice. The only minor problem i have with this pic is that the horizon could have been better placed on the 1/3 line.

Very nice shots overall :)

3 for me mate, Excellent shot (y)

I find in 2 that the single rock in the foreground distracts me and it makes it feel a bit odd. Seems a bit soft? not really my cup of tea don't really like it.

I like the b&w with the first one, perhaps over sharpened or heavily cropped? As has been said nice composition.

Nice set (y)

As it stands #3 is the strongest. #2 is the better shot but the weak colours let it down slightly. Don't agree about the water detail, I like the "soft" feel and the single rock adds to the soft feel. Perhaps you could try with some photo filters to "warm" up the image ?

3 is great
2 doesnt do anything for me
1 looks a little too dark... could take a bit of curves/levels to lift some of the details?

Thanks guys. #3 seems to be coming out as the favourite :D

#1 is heavily cropped as the sun was very bright at this stage, even using the ND grads.

#2 was an experiment with a long exposure with the tide uncovering the rock in the foreground. Didn't quite come out as expected to be honest.

#3 is my fav as well. It is cropped, so I'll go back to the original and see if i can move the horizon onto one of the 3rd lines. At the moment i can't remember why i cropped it :thinking:

Again, thanks for you comments.

Tony

Back