Cliff rescue

Edit My Images
No
An injured person airlifted to hospital after falling on rocks at King Edward's Bay, Tynemouth. Saturday Feb 19.

190205-03.jpg

190205-08.jpg

190205-09.jpg

caught teh chopper well, its hard to get choppers, nice!

EosD said:

Dont personally surf the internet for nice chopper pics so I'll take your word for that !!!

Love the last two pics especially the last one with the sea in the background. Good capture ;)

GSVJase said:
EosD said:

Dont personally surf the internet for nice chopper pics so I'll take your word for that !!!

Love the last two pics especially the last one with the sea in the background. Good capture ;)

lol, i could have phrased that better couldnt i :?

I am glad to hear that he got of so lightly.

The second shot is great as it almost tells the story of the rescue in one picture. The focus is clearly on the helicopter but you have caught the emergency services and the cliff in the background. It adds scale to the “fall”, shows the people involved in the rescue and the drama of the patient being rushed of by air.

Although this has been captured really well, with spot on focus and just enough motion blur in the choppers rotas, I suspect that due to the elements of this story you could have still got a great shot with far less skill.

Did you do as Liberalis suggested and send any of the pictures to the local paper?

Steve said:
Did you do as Liberalis suggested and send any of the pictures to the local paper?

Indeed I did- I occasionally get shots published in the Newcastle Journal so the picture editor is used to me sending stuff in. They printed one in the Newcastle Chronicle but strangely not one of the better shots.

Yeah that’s the strange thing about the editors of papers, they always seem to chose a different shot than us photographers would. Still it’s all free exposure for you. Well done.

Ooohhhhh! I really like the second one. [smilie=t:
The last one is great too, but I think I'd like to see it taken with a slightly faster shutter speed. The blurred beach & water are just a bit distracting to me. Just my [img]http://www.cadchat.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/2cents.gif[/img] though.

Back