Clifton Suspension Bridge

Edit My Images
Yes
Now I'm not normally phased by heights and as a pure breed Bristolian I can honestly say I've only been over the Clifton Suspension Bridge a handful of times...why?

Well it is a marvel of engineering for its time, however there are some things I'm not so keen about. One of them is the sheer amount of bounce the bridge undergoes when traffic travels over it. Having an engineering background I understand the reason why and where fores for the bounce but taking this shot was neigh on impossible due to the amount of upward/downward movement:puke:

2538348827_ab09caf095.jpg

So was the experience and results worth it? :shrug:

I have had to clone out the intrusive anti-suicide barrier....

This is a nice shot. It's well exposed and well processed. For me however, the lines don't really work that well. All the lines in the shot lead to the top of the tower. In doing this they are very effective. My only issue is that the top of the tower is a slightly awkward place for my eye to rest and I can't really admire the rest of the image from there, and so I keep finding that my eye drifts off there in search of somewhere else. Experiance was deffo worth it, and the shot is good! Just me being picky :)

My only issue is that the top of the tower is a slightly awkward place for my eye to rest and I can't really admire the rest of the image from there, and so I keep finding that my eye drifts off there in search of somewhere else. Experiance was deffo worth it, and the shot is good! Just me being picky :)

Thanks for the comments...

I have a shot taken towards the other tower, that does not have the fluffy cloud behind and thus was not chosen for that very reason as to me the cloud added more.

Do you think it would work better without then? Do you think its the cloud that makes you wanting more?

Back